4th of July BBQ: Smoked Brisket, Meatloaf and Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
Since the majority of my meats are beef based, I put it in this forum.

Smoking a 20 lb packer brisket, 9 lbs of hickory smoked meatloaf and 4 racks of hickory smoked ribs. I am expecting 12 guests and then there is me.

The meatloaf just went on the smoker.
4E21CF39-FC61-4881-ACE5-918A9C944463.jpeg

AC898C85-D51A-4D3C-B37C-40FA3226D687.jpeg

I’m about to go prep the brisket and inject it so it can marinate overnight.

The ribs will go on Monday about 1:15 pm or so.

I am also serving

- Pork N Beans
- Watermelon
- Fruit Salad
- Dinner Rolls

I already made strawberry ice cream earlier today. It is soooo fluffy and tasted just like Strawberry Shortcake.
DE87E405-F901-4FCD-9AF2-3BB388E4E71C.jpeg

Last edited:
Question on the 20 lb. packer. I plan to serve food about 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm MDT on Monday afternoon. What time should I put the brisket on the smoker Sunday?

I need to allow for it to rest in the cooler for about 2 hours. So It needs to come off at about 3 pm MDT on Monday.

Your food looks great! Hope you're doing better. Not a brisket master by any means, but don't be afraid to run your smoker at higher temps...250 to 275...your brisket can easily rest in a cooler covered for more than 2 hours.

Ryan

Sounds like you are gonna be busy making some goodness. Meatloaf looks great and is a good start.

RE: brisket - I never wrap mine. Smoke till probe tender. then wrap/cover and hold.

Question.

A couple of you are saying NOT to wrap.

Dad says I should wrap to help it through the stall.

Why should I not wrap?

Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky