4lb Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smoking at 4am

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 23, 2021
Western Massachusetts
Smoking a 4lb brisket tomorrow for the first time. Just wondering about any tips anyone might have so I can make it perfect. I'm smoking on an off set Oklahoma Joe's barrel smoker.
16199967580106509845030066023472.jpg

So I have had to move the brisket into the oven. I wrapped it in tin foil since the bark was good. I put the lump charcoal in water to get as much heat as possible out of the coal chamber. I don't want my smoker to rust up. I think the humidity going up affected the stall. Since it's been in the oven it's doing better, I'm up to 183° now. I never thought a 4lb brisket would take over 8 hours but I guess that's experience I've earned now lol.

Yeah they can take a long time especially if injected. You've put a lot of time in and it will be done soon enough just dont get impatient and pull it early.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky