4 Stuffed Cornish Hens just into th MB smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

insight3fl

Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
SW Florida
First time for poultry since getting the MB digital for Christmas. Stuffed them with a wild rice mix including a tip I learned here about mixing the stuffing with sauteed onion and bacon. I added a few dried cranberries white wind. Capped the hens with a slice of apple and trussed them up! Smoking with a little bit of white oak and apple. 225 degrees for anticipated 2.5 hours.

Will report back on cooking time and how they finished up.

Thanks for all the great tips here!

UPDATE:

Here is the off smoker pics

They were cooked at 225 for 2.5 hours with the internal temp (it is hard to gauge with such small portions) of 160 but they were not quite done. The rice was crunchy (not sure if cooking time or moisture content) I ate half of one ad it was ok, but we put the others in the oven for 10 minutes on 450 and they got nice and crispy and done in side.  Will cook a little longer next time

Dennis

Last edited:
I like finishing all chicken in the oven at 400 for 10 minutes or so to crisp up the skin regardless.  My smoker can get to 350+, but again, nothing crisps up skin quite like the oven.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky