3rd cook on the new pellet grill - bottom round roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveverdo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 8, 2016
I bought a new pellet smoker/grill a few days ago and have been trying it out since then. Grilled some steaks the first day because I didn't time for anything else after assembly and break-in.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/camp-chef-smokepro-zg-first-impressions.274816/

Yesterday I made some 3-2-1 ribs that were great. Not the best I ever had but the best I ever made. Asked my daughter what she wanted for dinner today and she said "roast beef":( Not the answer I was hoping for.

I bought a small bottom round on special, marinated it overnight in a little worcestershire and some simple rub of seasoned salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.

Took it out of the fridge this morning to get up to room temperature. Threw it on the smoker at 225° and left it there until it got to 130° IT. Used Louisiana Grills hickory pellets. Wrapped it in foil and a towel for about a half hour until dinner time. Roasted some red potatoes with rosemary, onion flakes, and butter. The roast had a strong smoke flavor which isn't my family's favorite. I liked it, almost had a pastrami taste to it. I will try it again with a milder wood.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky