3rd batch of Bacon with Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thatcho

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
Pueblo, Co
Helloo SMF, Here is Q view of my third batch of bacon (dry brined). Started at a chilly 630 am with outside temp at 24 degrees and a relative humidity at 91. Made sure to microwave the Sugar Maple pellets from Todd for the AMNSPT.

Nice and dry pellets burn goood.

Pay no attention to any other numbers as the 55 Deg. is what the AMNSPT kept the MB 30 propane smoker at for the first 3 hours.

Pulled my Molasses bacon after 3rd hour with Todd's Sugar Maple pellets. Chilled in fridge until family could not wait any longer.

Here is some all cooked up. MMMM it was just perfect. I have one other slab that is being chilled after four hours ( could not keep temp down). It was cured with brown sugar and cracked black pepper. Going to hit it with some more smoke this evening when temp dips.

Second hit with Sugar Maple smoke. Evening temp is down to 50 deg. with AMNSPT brought MB 30 Propane smoker temp to 62 deg. Pics to follow.

Thank u Woodcutter. If it was not for S.M.F i would have never attempted it. I found so much information here it mabe my hesitation subside. Keep smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky