360 air fryer chicken . Thighs and legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Just a quick post . I messed around with some chicken parts last week . Came out ok . My fault , knew what I did wrong . Saw a couple of the guys used the recipe in the book with good results so ,,,
Last night I followed the recipe in the book ( use that as a guide . then do what you know ) The buttermilk chicken . Came out great . Instead of the cereal I used a pretzel coating . Dot's pretzels . They make a seasoned pretzel stick , but also have a coating mix . Everything else was about the same . Did not plan on posting , but here's a couple of pics .
Plated up with some waffles , maple syrup and Franks wing sauce on the chicken .
20200109_184848.jpg
Cooks the chicken really good . Tender and moist .
Temp was between 170 / 180 ish .
20200109_184945.jpg
Post plated pic . Looked like this out of the air fryer '
20200109_184842.jpg
That recipe in the book is a good one .
Great piece of " fried " chicken .

Looks great! I bet it was real good with the waffles and the franks! Pretzel coating sounds good too. I'll have to try that some time .

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks great! I bet it was real good with the waffles and the franks! Pretzel coating sounds good too. I'll have to try that some time .
Thanks bud . Makes a great piece chicken . The franks and the maple syrup do go good together ,

Lookin really good, especially with the hot sauce . All these 360 posts lately make me want to invest in a new piece of equipment....

Lookin really good, especially with the hot sauce . All these 360 posts lately make me want to invest in a new piece of equipment....
Thank you JCAP . Hot sauce mixed with maple syrup on fried chicken ,,, awesome .
Watch for some sales . I got into this one for $ 160 .

Looks excellent and love the whole chicken waffle combo!
Thank you sir . Love waffles with chicken .

Reactions: jcam222
Oh man Dots pretzels fried chicken, it doesnt get much better than that! Looks delicious.
Thanks !
Have you had Dots pretzels ? They are good . They make a coating mix , but you could always grind up your own from a bag of Dots . That's something that's missed if you never had Dot's . Adds great flavor to this chicken .

Reactions: Teal101
Thanks !
Have you had Dots pretzels ? They are good . They make a coating mix , but you could always grind up your own from a bag of Dots . That's something that's missed if you never had Dot's . Adds great flavor to this chicken .
I have a bag on the counter right now! Love them and I'm not a huge pretzel fan in general. I'll have to see if I can locate the coating mix. Definitely have to do this.

You guys are killing me with these air fryer posts. I don't have room for one but they are starting to look like a must have.

Great looking chicken Mr. Chop.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky