30" vs 40" MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those look like outside numbers to me .
Not too long ago I measured my MES40 internal dimensions and got this:

43.5 inch High x 20.25 inch Wide x 13inch Deep
(11,451.375 cubic inches)
(6.626953 cubic feet)

Oh forgot to add this:

From bottom of lowest rack holder to the top of the smoker is 24.5 inches, so everything under that height is burner and burner covers, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw and zwiller
Those look like outside numbers to me .
Still, it's a good foot plus. WIN. It's kinda amazing how many of these are on FB Marketplace. I am eyeing a brand new 40 (maybe) listed for $150. Owner apparently gave up on the assembly. This IS a 40 right? Big ole gap to the left of the burner...

395254762_7209798475697947_5301513868079297296_n.jpg

Reactions: tallbm
Still, it's a good foot plus. WIN. It's kinda amazing how many of these are on FB Marketplace. I am eyeing a brand new 40 (maybe) listed for $150. Owner apparently gave up on the assembly. This IS a 40 right? Big ole gap to the left of the burner...

View attachment 679895
Looks like it to me.
Hell of a score. Rewire and PID and man you have a beast!
Could probably find a lightly used one much less on Facebook.

Nothing a good car wash sprayer couldn't clean up a good bit before drying out, rewiring, and slapping a PID on. That's how I got my brother hooked up :D

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky