3 Fatties with Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcmelik

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
Aurelia Iowa
I am finally getting around to posting these Fatties that I made a couple of weeks ago to teach my neighbor how to make them. I made a Rueben with kraut swiss cheese and corned beef. And one with fried morel mushrooms steamed asparagus parmesian and mozerella. My neighbor came over with some Zatarain's Jambamya cooked up and added some shrimp and asparagus. First up is the Rueben

I layered the cheese corned beef and kraut.

Rolled them up and did the weave. Next is the mushroom asparagus alfredo Fattie

I cover the sausage with fresh Parmision

Fried up some fresh shrooms

Then I layed out nice rows of the asparagus and mushrooms. It's kind of hard to tell with the alfredo sauce coveiring it up. Then added some mozerella

Then we worked on the neighbor's
Piles up the Jambalaya covered wit hshrimp and asparagus and some added a little chedder cheese for good measure

Put them in the smoker at about 230 for about 2 1/2 hours and this is what came out

The Rueben

The Shroom and asparagus

And the Jambalya

They all turned out great I liked the Jambalya the best. The Rueben was very good but very rich.It is always nice to turn your friends on to something new like the good old fattie. Enjoy
icon_lol.gif
Mark

Those all look awesome. I especially love the reuben one, I'm a big fan of morels too. Did the sauce kill off the flavor of them? They're pretty delicate.

The Dude Abides;314343 said:
Those all look awesome. I especially love the reuben one, I'm a big fan of morels too. Did the sauce kill off the flavor of them? They're pretty delicate.[/quote

No you could still taste the mushrooms just fine. I used Ragu garlic alfredo sauce. I usually make my own sauce when i make my mushroom asparagus alfredo. Which is excelent by the way and my favorite spring time meal. But I was in a pinch for time so cheated a little

That trio looks fantastic
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I think I like the reuben No the jambayala No the reuben No the jambamya

Well that one

Wow those look awesome, all three!! On the ruben one, did you use the meat from those Johnsonville brats as the sausage layer? I've never thought about doing that, but what a great idea!!!!

All three look great! I had never heard of fatties until I got on this website. How long did you soke them & at what temp? Gotta put these at the TOP of my list!

I put them on for about 2 1/2 hours at 230 until they got to 160 internal. Seems to be about the norm for a 1 pound of sausage fattie

Yes I used the Johnsonville Brats for the Reuben Fattie. Just sounded like they would go together to me. JUst slice them open and push the meat out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky