3 day brisket recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cb2

Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
South Dakota
Sauce:

3T brown sugar
1C ketchup
1/2C water
2tsp celery seed
6T oleo
4T Worcestershire sauce
3tsp ground mustard
2T liquid smoke
1tsp salt
pepper to taste
Cook until blended

First day: Baste the unbaked brisket well with 2T liquid smoke and 1tsp salt. Wrap in heavy foil and keep in fridge overnight. (I used a 10# slab and left all fat on)
Second day: Cover with 1tsp onion salt and 1tsp garlic salt. Wrap and bake @ 300 degrees for five hours. Let cool and keep in fridge overnight.
Third day: Slice thin, cover with sauce. Wrap in foil and bake @ 325 until well heated about an hour.

One of you will surely give me a spin on this one :) and how to improve.

Crystal

Hi Crystal,

Liquid smoke? Baking a brisket? 5 hours?

I mean this with all due respect but this is a smoking forum. Take a peak in the beef forum at the different threads on how to smoke a brisket.

I hope I did not come off as harsh as it was/is not my intenet.

Take care,

Brian

I think this is an "old family" recipe. We should be able to make suggestions as the changes so that a great smoke session can be had. for started you will not need liquid smoke, you will use the real thing.

I must be brain cramping, but what is oleo?

Don't fret, once you smoke youir first brisket, you will NEVER go out for beef again. I wish I had some free time, so I could enjoy the pleasure of some good smoked beef.

Hi Crystal,

I think your recipe could be adapted very well to the smoker. If you want the liquid smoke, keep it. That's what's great about cooking, you can do it your own way.

Just marinade it like you want and smoke for about 8 hours at 225-250 and then finish like you did the baked one.

Probably won't want the liquid smoke after the first try. Recipe for the sauce sounds pretty good though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky