3.5lb New York Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ksblazer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Got a 3.5lb New York Roast on sale for a really good price. I've never smoked one up until now. Always wanted to. So today was the day.

First I made up a pink salt and pepper rub. Rubbed the roast and let it sit in the refrigerator for a little over 6hrs.

Fired up the camp chef 24" smoke vault loaded with mesquite pellets and fired it up to 225 degrees. When the pellets started smoking I put the NY Roast in and smoked it for about 2.5hrs. After that i finished it off in the oven at 450 degrees until the roast reached 142 degrees.

Let it rest a for a bit and sliced it up. It turned out really well. But I might cook it to a few degrees less next time. Maybe around 135 I'm thinking.

Here is a couple pic's that I took of it.

20210307_170711_HDR.jpg
20210307_171432_HDR.jpg

Thanks for looking 😃

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky