3.5# pork sholder blade boston roast...how long in the smoker on avarage...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stickem

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
just found one in the freezer woohoo... i want to smoke something in the am in my uds....might go get another one to pair with it....how long avarage...if i start it at 8-9 will they be done by 6ish?

Should be unless you get a major stall. Even at 2 hrs. per pound it should make it. If it's done early you can wrap it up in foil and towels until serving time. Like they say here though, if it runs too late you'll be ordering pizza. You should be OK.

To be safe we figure 1 1/2 to 2 hours per pound. So a 3.5 pounder would take up to 7 hours, but may be done in 5. You just never know. If it is done early then just wrap it in foil, then towels & put in a dry cooler, it will stay hot for 6-8 hours. Then pull or slice it when you want.

thanks guys!!! im really starting to like my uds!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky