3-2-1 Spareribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
I am a little embarrassed to post this with all the great fancy Q on the forums but it was fun and turned out great so what the heck.

I wanted to do an episode on smoking ribs for the community TV program I'm on. The theme of the show it to demonstrate how to make varied dishes. 3-2-1 ribs are perfect as they are easy to make by following simple steps.

I started with St Louis cut spareribs.

3-2-1 Spareribs.jpg

I peeled the silver skin off the back.

3-2-1 Spareribs 1.jpg

Wanting to keep it simple, I used a commercial rub, Stubbs. I gave it a good rub down.

3-2-1 Spareribs 2.jpg

I put it in the smoker at 230 F for 3 hours, brushing with apple juice occasionally.

3-2-1 Spareribs 3.jpg

Again, wanting to keep it simple, I didn't make a fancy foiling sauce, I just foiled the ribs and added 125 ml (1/2 cup) apple juice. I smoked for 2 hours.

3-2-1 Spareribs 4.jpg

I took the ribs out of the foil.

3-2-1 Spareribs 5.jpg

I put them bacon on the barbecue and gave them a brush with a commercial bbq sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's Brown Sugar). I smoked for 30 minutes, brushed with sauce again and smoked for 30 minutes more.

3-2-1 Spareribs 6.jpg

I let them sit for 10 minutes and gave them a try.

3-2-1 Spareribs 7.jpg

3-2-1 Spareribs 8.jpg

The Verdict

These were delicious and the guys doing the filming sure munched them back. They were a little fall off the bone versus bite off the bone for my tastes but still had a nice chew. All in all, they were a total success and I hope they get more people to try smoking!

Disco

Nice looking ribs Disco, just the way my family likes them.

Point for sure.

Chris

Looks great Disco! Double cool you do them for a local show!

Alright I am also curious; what show? I want to go and watch on youtube or some thing :)

Disco, first off they look awesome. Second, I think fall off the bone is way better than the bite. I leave that to the judges of whom I will never be cooking for LOL. The color on those ribs along with the pull back looks absolutely perfect to me. I even like how you made an actual tin foil pouch for the ribs to hold the liquid. Great Post

Great looking ribs Disco! Ill have to agree, that foiling pouch looks interesting! Big like!
Erik

Looks great Disco! Double cool you do them for a local show!

Alright I am also curious; what show? I want to go and watch on youtube or some thing :)
Thanks for the kind words.

It is called You Can Make It and it is put on by ShawTV East Kootenay. They do publish it on YouTube and I post most of them on my blog and put them on the Vlog of my Old Fat Guy cooking channel on youtube!

Disco, first off they look awesome. Second, I think fall off the bone is way better than the bite. I leave that to the judges of whom I will never be cooking for LOL. The color on those ribs along with the pull back looks absolutely perfect to me. I even like how you made an actual tin foil pouch for the ribs to hold the liquid. Great Post
Thanks so much! When I am lazy, I put the ribs in a pan and just cover the pan with foil. It works almost as well.

Thanks for the kind words.

It is called You Can Make It and it is put on by ShawTV East Kootenay. They do publish it on YouTube and I post most of them on my blog and put them on the Vlog of my Old Fat Guy cooking channel on youtube!
I did find them and I am watching them. Love the prop references to She Who Must Be Obeyed LOL

I did find them and I am watching them. Love the prop references to She Who Must Be Obeyed LOL
If you are going to watch more than one, make sure you brew a strong cup of coffee or you will doze off!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky