3-2-1 rib question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brett_s

Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
sheboygan WI
This weekend I will be making 5 racks of ribs, cut into half racks (10 half racks). I've always used the 3-2-1 recipe and had great success with it. However, wrapping 10 half wracks in foil at the three hour period and unwrapping them 2 hours later is a PIA.

Do you think it would be feasible to place all the ribs in aluminum pan, put your apple juice in the pan, and then aluminum foil the top of the pan shut. Let the steam circulate inside of the aluminum pan.

This would be a lot easier, and I think it would work. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have any thought on why it wouldn't work?

Please let me know your opinions.

Brett

Brett, I confess I do it (mainly with pork shoulders and briskets). I figure that aluminum is aluminum and aluminum is our friend (except for that cheap thin stuff that calls itself "Heavy Duty" and you can almost read a newpaper through it).

I find that using the aluminum pans makes that whole thing easier to handle especailly if you plan on holding them for a time in an insulated chest. I use a pan slightly larger that what I need just so eveything isn't jambed packed in the pan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky