3:10 to..... There is a reason they built a Prison out here.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bow-chan

Original poster
Nov 11, 2013
Yuma, AZ
Howdy all!

My name is Bow, (like Bow and Arrow, not the command).

I have been grilling for a long time, and when I got my Charbroil (3 burner/1 side, Natural Gas) when we lived in Houston, the first thing I did was a Pizza on it!

I have played with smoking on the grill almost as long as I have had it, but I'm willing tobet there has been more pizza and bread than meat!.

After we moved from Houston to Southern Maryland, the new house didn't have NG, so I figured out a round about way to convert it to Propane after Char Broil said they don't support that...(found the equivalent Grill model number in Propane and ordered a new valve set).

So now, my job stuck us in Yuma.... the new house has NG, I just need to get it plumbed out to the Patio...

However, this was also my 15 year mark with the company I work for, and they have the normal gift catalog of stuff I didn't want, nor did the wife, until I spotted the  Brinkman "ECB".

I have been using it for about 6 months, did 90% of the internet modifications when I put it together, and have had some pretty good success with chicken, Country Ribs, etc... but babysitting it is getting old...

I am looking at upgrading, and the standing joke in the house is "The Big Green Egg", which I can't justify the cost of.... however, I am looking at the Char-Griller Kamado Charcoal Grill as my next purchase..

This is a great forum, a have been lurking a few days and there is some great stuff.

Last edited:
Hello Bow and welcome to the fun.  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hello Bow, and welcome to the forums!  Glad you've joined our group.  You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

The knock offs of the BGE are working well.

Happy smoken.

David

Welcome from Canada, Bow.

canada-flag-68.gif

Sounds like you are already comfortable with smoking. I have only been smoking for a year and I am looking forward to learning from your posts.

Disco

Welcome from Canada, Bow.

canada-flag-68.gif

Sounds like you are already comfortable with smoking. I have only been smoking for a year and I am looking forward to learning from your posts.

Disco
Hey Disco,

I've only been Smoking on a 'Smoker" for about 6 months, but longer on my Gas Grill... But I'm not sure I've done anything the Masters on this forum haven't done long ago!

I also have a Lodge Sportsman's Charcoal Grill that I bought to modify for doing Yakitori on. My wife is Japanese and it is fun to stick some chicken on a stick and do it up Japanese style. Built a 'Yakitori" attachment for this baby, since I have a welder and very few morals... ;)

Hey Disco,

I've only been Smoking on a 'Smoker" for about 6 months, but longer on my Gas Grill... But I'm not sure I've done anything the Masters on this forum haven't done long ago!

I also have a Lodge Sportsman's Charcoal Grill that I bought to modify for doing Yakitori on. My wife is Japanese and it is fun to stick some chicken on a stick and do it up Japanese style. Built a 'Yakitori" attachment for this baby, since I have a welder and very few morals... ;)
Hey, if you have a Japanese influence that you can bring, you will be appreciated. It sounds to me like you like food. If I am right, your posts will be great.

Disco

Like Food?

Oh Hell yeah!

I do a lot of cooking at the house, as I enjoy cooking, but the wife doesn't have as much fun with it as I do.

about the only thing I don't cook is Beef, as she doesn't really like it, so hey, there are more proteins out there is Cook, BBQ, Smoke, etc!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky