2nd pork butt & baby backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Renton, WA
Ok, I'm still figuring out the Qview, so this may be a little sketchy, but I'm posting this for practice.  I had a 6.44# bone-in butt and  a couple rack of bb's. 

50a680c1_092109_0023.jpg

Just a dry rub, over gulden's mustard, I usually brine my pork but decided to try it without.  This is Jeff's rub.
edf03d45_092209_0012-Copy3.jpg

The ribs-top one got Jeff's rub, the bottom one my usual rub, which has more spice & herbs.  All 3 were rubbed the day before.  I'm using a used CS Smokette, after years of improvising w/ an OLD propane grill and a weber kettle.Per CS I don't preheat the smoker, set it to 225, and used 3 oz of apple chips; I would use 4 next time.

4116d6fc_092209_0013_edited-1-Copy.jpg

2 hours - time to foil.  Mixture of 1/4 cup each Jumex peach nectar and Maker's Mark in each packet. Went 2-1.25-1. such a nice day, I'm bbq-ing barefoot (this was mid-sept).

abd972bf_092209_0017.jpg

The butt hit 160 at about 4-1/2 hrs, got foiled. I was doing a rotating batch, after the ribs came off after about 5 hours, some beer-soaked brats went on for 1-1/2 hrs, they came off and a batch of beans went on. Kind of a hybrid recipe of part of Dutch's and my Gramma's.  I had bush maple beans, so it was already kind of sweet so I skipped the pineapple; added a bunch of cooked bacon bits, 1/2 a big chopped onion sauteed just a bit in the bacon fat for more flavor, some chopped green pepper, ketchup, brown sugar with cider vinegar added, black pepper, and gulden's.

20ab562e_092209_0019-Copy.jpg

a first look at the innards

8eb7ce0b_092609_0382.jpg

what happened to the leftovers - enchiladas verdes: a large can of green Las Palmas sauce, about 3 cups of the shredded pork; 1/2 chopped sweet yellow onion; 1/4 of a lg. green pepper, chopped; 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro; dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, old bay; 1/2 # of cubed fresh mozz. (didn't have queso fresco or cotija on hand). topped w/ rest of sauce and grated cheddar into 350 oven til bubbly and melty.  Served w/ refries and a slaw of finely sliced cabbage mixed w/ salt, pepper, cumin, dash of sugar, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, cilantro
d623a72e_092609_0383.jpg

no money shot of a pretty plate - my hubby is beginning to think I'm batty taking all these pix. thanks for bearing with me on this posting/qview learning curve!  next up, my fatties for all to see.... never would've thought I'd say that...

Everything thing looks great, to include the great Qview!  

Not sure why spouses don't understand out taking pictures of our smoked goods! LMAO

Thumbs up for a great smoke, barefoot to boot! LOL  
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Your hubby and my wife can sit in the punishment corner for laughing at us taking food pictures while we chow down our wonderfull smoker creations! LOL

Hmmmm.... Portland to Seattel.... should be there in about 4 1/2 hrs..... lol. Those are some outstanding looking enchiladas.

Oh that looks divine sister!  Woo Hoo! and LOL on the bare foot! I'd smoke naked if I could get away with it!
icon_eek.gif

icon_cool.gif

Now everything looks awesome and I know how good it all taste too. I would really like to get my hands on one of those enchiladas well maybe 3-4 would be better.

Great looking spread there BBQueen !!!!!

You girls are starting to make us look bad. Cowgirl is getting help from all over the country!
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

Oh well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em---When do we eat !
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Thanks for the view,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky