2nd build. Guess I'm hooked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PrairieGeek

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 2, 2019
So I really need to stay off Facebook marketplace.
I stumbled across this beauty and snagged it for $75. It is fully complete. The guy sold it because the compressor died. It is a Firestone, which I've never seen. No O'Dea on year yet.

My first build thread is here somewhere. It was a charcoal and wood design.

This one is a bit bigger and I am thinking will be a pellet build. The cost of the hoppers is probably gonna delay my start but I will keep this updated as I go.
20220108_173106.jpg

Nice. My neighbor of 30+ years had a similar one (still working) in his garage and when he passed away his three sons almost got in a fist fight because at one time or another 'Dad' had promised it to each of them. They were thinking beer fridge in their man caves.

It's almost too pretty (and, perhaps, rare) to convert.

I'd be very tempted to invest in restoring it as a functioning refrigerator.

It's almost too pretty (and, perhaps, rare) to convert.

I'd be very tempted to invest in restoring it as a functioning refrigerator.
I was actually thinking the same thing. May be a shame to repurpose and fill with creosote, considering the shape it's in! If its just a compressor may be better to keep as is.

Reactions: mneeley490
Dang it you guys. I was kind of torn myself on fixing it up or converting it.

It's gonna sit here a while till I decide anyway

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky