2nd Batch of Jerky is better

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef willie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 31, 2010
Willamette Valley, Oregon
Just did another batch of jerky in the Christmas dehydrator with a few changes. Added 1/2 can of chipotle chilies to the marinade for extra heat and more red pepper. Also sliced the london broil across the grain for a softer chew (gf's request). Read about the meat breaking up if you cut this way but it's holding together very well. Heat level is just about right.
ce08e8b9_JERKY.jpg

Thanks Dude...marinade was 2/3 cup whoosy sauce, 2/3 cup soy sauce, 1 fat tbl of honey, 2 tsp bp, 2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp Wrights liquid smoke, 2 tsp red pepper flakes and the added 1/2 small can of Chipoltes whizzed up with the marinade in a food processor to liquify them. Also sliced the meat a little thinner this time, instead of the 1/4 inch I did at first. Did not smoke first, just dehydrated, and took about 2 hours. Only have a ECB with some mods for now so trying to get a handle on controlling temps etc. Presently have my first chuckie in the ECB now...hopefully it will be edible tonight around 6 or it's gonna be a pizza night. Little worried over it and might have to crack that first beer soon to calm down
Just did another batch of jerky in the Christmas dehydrator with a few changes. Added 1/2 can of chipotle chilies to the marinade for extra heat and more red pepper. Also sliced the london broil across the grain for a softer chew (gf's request). Read about the meat breaking up if you cut this way but it's holding together very well. Heat level is just about right.
ce08e8b9_JERKY.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky