250gal Reverse Flow Trailer Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good looking tank, you will get the doors back in shape, I'll bet everyone who has built smokers has experienced this before. Just take your time and don't over do it.

Keep us posted

Gary

With it sitting as it is try heating the center line of the door, it'll help relax the metal.

This monster is Looking great!

Leaving the doors as they are (on the tank body) start heating the door's centerline (horizontally) this will help the metal to relax.

Heat it, let it cool (don't put any water on it, or it may pull too much) then check the fit.

That looks awesome. Great job, and nice fab work. You have any plans for the trailer & build? I'd like to copy it.

Thank you for all the positive comments, this thing continues to get all sorts of comments anytime I take it out anywhere.
Feels great when I can tell people that I built it myself, you can just see the shock and awe when they hear it.
Sorry I haven't replied sooner to other questions but I will answer all here.
Cost not counting the 250-300 hours of labor involved as I did most of the build myself, approx $1000 (+/-$100)
Plans - no I don't have any in fact the only reason I use plans is for an ideal reference point I can't ever stick to any plans as I'm always thinking of better ways to make something.

Reactions: dockman
Now that I have judged in several competitions this year, I definitely have a better idea of what judges are looking for. I'm so ready to get into a competition or 2, I have a new outlook on this year's events.

Last edited:
Well I've judged 5 events now and received my certified bbq judge apron, thought I'd share a pic of the occasion.

Left to right there's me, my wonderful wife and then my brother. We decided to get into the judging as a group, helps with different perspectives.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky