• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

250g reverse flow question

gyeakle

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 4, 2011
Got a question for the pros. Getting everything laid out to start cutting. I am stumped on the size of 250 g tank . Its 88inches from seam to seam not counting the oval ends over all is about 10'  long. This seems pretty big ( long ) when i look at other 250g tanks. With it being so long just wonderd if its going to heat up and hold a 225-250 heat. The pics i see on this form of 250 g tanks seems shorter . Thanks for your help

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
With the RF plate in there it will be reasonably close on temps, but I would guess that you may have a temp difference end to end. Probably not alot but some difference. 

As far as getting to temp, I don't think you will have any problem. It may take a tad longer to come up but once its there you should be good tto go. Several guys with the bigger rigs are using a propane assist to help bring the initial temps up. 

Propane assist sounds kinda high tech but a common weed burner will work fine. 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.