250 Smoker build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fizzerman

Original poster
Aug 22, 2018
I have a 250 gallon tank my dad and I was gonna build together but he got lung cancer and past away end of last year. We didn't get around to building it. I want to build it now I just don't know what size metal to use for around the doors, expanded metal, what size angel iron to use for pull out trays for upper shelf, and how far down do I need to come down from top center line to start my doors? This will be a offset smoker.

When I built mine I used 1/4 for the firebox. The trim I used I believe it was 1/8. I do not remember what the size of the expanded was but you will need to pick how big of small you want to grid to be. For the frame of the racks and shelf I used angle iron from a bed frame so its not supper thick but holds just fine.

Good luck with your build and ask lots of questions.

Reactions: sunman76
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky