-25 C? sounds like a great day to

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

border city pit

Fire Starter
Original poster
smoke some baby backs!!  Yes here in Canada we have the off season but the cold weather can't stop us!  As long as it is a calm day (5km\hr winds) we can smoke some yummy ribs for the Family Sunday Night dinner (most important meal of the week in our house).  going to do the 3-2-1 method for todays cook.

I forgot the pics before I put them on but I will keep you posted

well back to watching the Olympics!

RJ

Wow...-25c that is hard core smoking. It was 55f (13c) here in florida yesterday while i was doing ribs and my kids couldn't stand it.

Go luck.

Good looking ribs. I know what you mean about the wind. I also smoke in cold weather (-20's here too) but the wind cuts like a saw.

Disco

Really wanted to get a bit of smoke on the brisket yesterday..But didn't feel like standing outside when it was -16c. So it was a 10hr oven roasted yesterday..will try for smoke on the next one.(had a case of packers arrive at work..not charged on invoice..happy-happy)

So here is the final pics of my -25 meal.  Made some homemade bacon Risotto and some fried up mashed potatoes and a salad (as requested by THE BOSS).  Pint of Guinness not shown.

Had a huge epiphany on this cook, and that is the water pan.  I Always have the water pan going in my smoker in the summer time mostly as a heat sink. But on this cook I figured that the water would not be needed, boy was I wrong, as my BB seemed to be a little more dried out this time and I believe it is because I did not have the water pan going.

I'm an engineer by trade, so I write down everything as my memory sucks so this tie bit of the water pan in the winter cooks will be noted.

Until next time Cheers

RJ

So here is the final pics of my -25 meal.  Made some homemade bacon Risotto and some fried up mashed potatoes and a salad (as requested by THE BOSS).  Pint of Guinness not shown.

Had a huge epiphany on this cook, and that is the water pan.  I Always have the water pan going in my smoker in the summer time mostly as a heat sink. But on this cook I figured that the water would not be needed, boy was I wrong, as my BB seemed to be a little more dried out this time and I believe it is because I did not have the water pan going.

I'm an engineer by trade, so I write down everything as my memory sucks so this tie bit of the water pan in the winter cooks will be noted.

Until next time Cheers

RJ
I never use a water pan.  I have moist ribs.  Did you add any liquids, apple juice or such when you got to stage 2 of the cook?  That is when you wrapped them in foil.  I suspect that is where you messed this cook up.

That looks great very nice.
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky