2021 Tennessee Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man what a spread and it looks like y'all had a great time.

I wish I could have made it, it just wasn't in the cards for us this year.
Jake you're not the only one I had to Google cornbread salad the pictures on the net make it look like a 7 layer Mexican bean dip. I'd love to try it some day I love cornbread.

Damn, Jake how in the hell do you stay so thin eating plates like that. I'd be right with you on plate loading size, but I'm most likely twice as thick as you. :emoji_astonished::emoji_joy:

Also, you're a very lucky man your wife is gorgeous if you don't mind me saying you married up big time my man.

Don't feel bad though most of us are right there in the same boat with you as far as marrying up goes my brother.:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::emoji_joy:

I would've like to compare/ shared some canned goods or jar'd good with you kicking back around the fire.
Dan🍀😤😜😎😂

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Morning fellas and non fellas. We had a blast at the Tennessee Gathering! To those that came was great meeting you. To those that couldn't make it I look forward to seeing you at the next gathering!

Started off our festivities with Robert taking me and emily out for cajun food Thursday night. Me and Robert had beers at a Mexican restaurant while we waited on emily to get off work.
View attachment 495055
Then off for some cajun. Me and emilyView attachment 495016
Was a great night having some beer and great food with a awesome friend.

Now onto Friday.......Robert sent just about a whole cows worth of CPB ribeyes and porter houses for supperView attachment 495026
All seasoned upView attachment 495025View attachment 495024
Hanging out with @Johnny Ray while the grills getting readyView attachment 495027
Me, @tx smoker and @Johnny Ray
View attachment 495028
Me and Emily, @Johnny Ray and Lynn
View attachment 495029
Me and @Johnny Ray View attachment 495023
Steaks getting happy
View attachment 495051
View attachment 495056
Had baked taters and salad. View attachment 495022
My plateView attachment 495054
@Johnny Ray and Lynn chowing down. Two thumbs up is Johnny's signature move lolView attachment 495018View attachment 495053
Me and EmilyView attachment 495019
And some of my buddies dropped byView attachment 495017
Was a fun night and a delicious meal. Thanks again @tx smoker for the steaks!

Saturday was just an out right meat fest.
@tx smoker sent a 7 bone rack of beef ribs he cut off a CPB ribeye roast. Got those trimmed and seasoned with some black opsView attachment 495049
Some baby backsView attachment 495050
@mike243 brought some bologna to smoke. I'm a big fan of smoked bolognaView attachment 495047
View attachment 495048
15lbs of whole wings seasoned up with @bmudd14474 rub he sent me. Thanks Brian that stuffs delicious!View attachment 495045
My smoked beans and a full smokerView attachment 495041
Beef ribs are ready for our pre meal snackView attachment 495046View attachment 495031View attachment 495042
My ribView attachment 495043
@mike243 ribView attachment 495036
He killed his lolView attachment 495034
They sure were deliciousView attachment 495039View attachment 495038
Bacon wrapped stuffed dates took the place of the beef ribs. Used @tx smoker bacon to wrap them inView attachment 495040
@mike243 his wife Cathleen and their sweet pup.View attachment 495037
Foods readyView attachment 495033View attachment 495032
Emily made some tater salad to go with my beans and @mike243 brought some cornbread salad that was to die for. Hopefully he'll make a thread and give us the recipe

Was one heck of a weekend. Pleasure to meet @Johnny Ray and @mike243 and your wives. Hopefully we can get together more often. @tx smoker I can't say how much I appreciate your contribution to the gathering and the friendship we've made over the last year.....and thanks for taking the majority of the pics lol

Hopefully see a few more of y'all next time!
WOW=Thanks for the pictures-I KNEW I shoulda come.

Reactions: 912smoker
Man what a spread and it looks like y'all had a great time.

I wish I could have made it, it just wasn't in the cards for us this year.
Jake you're not the only one I had to Google cornbread salad the pictures on the net make it look like a 7 layer Mexican bean dip. I'd love to try it some day I love cornbread.

Damn, Jake how in the hell do you stay so thin eating plates like that. I'd be right with you on plate loading size, but I'm most likely twice as thick as you. :emoji_astonished::emoji_joy:

Also, you're a very lucky man your wife is gorgeous if you don't mind me saying you married up big time my man.

Don't feel bad though most of us are right there in the same boat with you as far as marrying up goes my brother.:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::emoji_joy:

I would've like to compare/ shared some canned goods or jar'd good with you kicking back around the fire.
Dan🍀😤😜😎😂
Some say I married up. I say she's lucky to have me lol. Hope you can make it next time. Long trip for you but I'd love to sit around a fire with you Dan!

Now that's what I call a party! Seeing a real smoker full of real food is a beautiful sight!

Looks like an awesome time was had by all! Great weather and some terrific food! Heck, I think I'm full just from looking at it all! Glad you all had a great time!

Ryan

Looks like an awesome time was had by all! Great weather and some terrific food! Heck, I think I'm full just from looking at it all! Glad you all had a great time!

Ryan
Was definitely fun ryan. I'm still pretty full lol

I want to know more about the smoked bologna. Was this homemade or bought? What is done to it to make it ready for the smoker? How long is it smoked and what internal temp? This really has my interest...
Mike provided the bologna. But here's my method. It's just cheap store bought chubs doctored up and smoked

Mike provided the bologna. But here's my method. It's just cheap store bought chubs doctored up and smoked
Thanks for posting the link gonna try that this weekend ! Looks and sounds GREAT !!

Props to Robert for providing all of that meat and props to Jake for providing the location. I joke around on here a lot, which apparently people don’t like. But in all honesty, looked like a fun event and something I would have enjoyed. Nothing is better than enjoying food and beer with people who enjoy doing the same.

Props to Robert for providing all of that meat and props to Jake for providing the location. I joke around on here a lot, which apparently people don’t like. But in all honesty, looked like a fun event and something I would have enjoyed. Nothing is better than enjoying food and beer with people who enjoy doing the same.
And getting to get together again! But maybe more importantly to be able to meet new friends! In person even!

Ryan

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky