2021 Tennessee Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW Jake! Totally beyond my imagination of what I expected to see. Fantastic all around.
Everything looks excellent. I can tell everyone was having a great time. So mad I had to miss. Going to do everything I can to make the next one. Thanks for sharing. You and Emily are great Hosts.

What an awesome looking gathering and some amazing food being shown, Jake!! It sure looks like everyone had a great time.

Looks like quite a fest for sure! Good food, good people, good bevs - that all you need!

Looks like you all had a great time with great food. Just what I’d expect out of some great guys! I plan on getting in on this next year.

Reactions: JLeonard
Where do I even start? Jake and Emily are the most generous, gracious, and caring hosts you'll ever have the privilege of spending time with. It was an honor to be a guest in their home and it the opportunity presents itself again in the future, I will be there.

From the minute I pulled up Thursday to pick Jake up for pre-dinner beers, there was a comfort level, a brotherhood, and an excitement for the upcoming event. It was so awesome to finally get together with him and knowing we had several days to enjoy it was amazing.

Emily is an absolute sweetheart!! I can certainly see why Jake is quite enamored with her. She's really easy to fall in love with :emoji_wink:

Seeing Johnny and Lyn again was off the hook. Still kinda interesting to have met up with them twice in a month and a half with the two meet-up places being a country apart. Pretty amazing stuff right there.

I can't say enough about the food. Jake's smoker is beyond words and that man knows his way around it!! I've never in my life seen such an abundance or variety of perfectly cooked food. Everything that came off the smoker, as well as the Weber, was mouth watering and cooked to perfection. No question that man can cook and Emily did a superb job on the stuff she put together for us.

I'm 100% convinced that "a power greater than us" was determined to see this event a success. I left Austin Thursday in pouring rain. Landed in Nashville in pouring rain and it rained all day. Friday dawned to clear skies, beautiful sunshine, and perfect temps. Saturday was the same as Friday only better. Sunday brought more nasty weather, clouds, rain and chilly temps. This morning as I was heading to the airport is was nothing but sever weather warnings on the radio and I was driving in monsoon conditions. Bottom line, right in the middle of a whole lot of nasty weather, that "power greater than us" worked in two picture perfect days for the gathering. No way can that be coincidence :emoji_laughing:

Indications are that there WILL be another one of these next year. I'm thinking I might have to start stockpiling steaks pretty soon and maybe even get another freezer to make sure we have enough.

Of all the incredible food that was cooked and served, the one pic that really stands out in my mind is that shot of the beef ribs on the cutting board. Those look spectacular!! Just an awe inspiring pic of some ribs that were cooked to perfection and showcased Jake's abilities with the smoker. Not that I ever doubted him, but to be standing there when those came off the smoker, I got weak in the knees. Never in my life have I seen a rack of ribs that looked like those did...and I may never again butI'll take that memory to the grave with me :emoji_astonished:

Well that's about it for now. Still kinda brain dead from getting up in the middle of the night and making the journey back to Austin.

Still basking in the glory of having been there,
Robert

Looks like a fine time and a TON of excellent chow! It would be great to meet folks in person who you feel you've "known" for a while online.
Glad it turned out well and wish I could have been there!
Dan
Was a great time. Maybe we'll see you at the next one!

Man it looks like ya'll had a great time. And it was for sure a meat-a-palooza. Hate that we had to miss it. I'm ordering a bubble wrap suit for Lesa so we dont miss the next one!
Jim
Jim you were missed big time. Hope Lesa's recovery is going well

Reactions: JLeonard
WOW Jake! Totally beyond my imagination of what I expected to see. Fantastic all around.
Everything looks excellent. I can tell everyone was having a great time. So mad I had to miss. Going to do everything I can to make the next one. Thanks for sharing. You and Emily are great Hosts.
Haha mike you were missed. Hopefully next time!

Where do I even start? Jake and Emily are the most generous, gracious, and caring hosts you'll ever have the privilege of spending time with. It was an honor to be a guest in their home and it the opportunity presents itself again in the future, I will be there.

From the minute I pulled up Thursday to pick Jake up for pre-dinner beers, there was a comfort level, a brotherhood, and an excitement for the upcoming event. It was so awesome to finally get together with him and knowing we had several days to enjoy it was amazing.

Emily is an absolute sweetheart!! I can certainly see why Jake is quite enamored with her. She's really easy to fall in love with :emoji_wink:

Seeing Johnny and Lyn again was off the hook. Still kinda interesting to have met up with them twice in a month and a half with the two meet-up places being a country apart. Pretty amazing stuff right there.

I can't say enough about the food. Jake's smoker is beyond words and that man knows his way around it!! I've never in my life seen such an abundance or variety of perfectly cooked food. Everything that came off the smoker, as well as the Weber, was mouth watering and cooked to perfection. No question that man can cook and Emily did a superb job on the stuff she put together for us.

I'm 100% convinced that "a power greater than us" was determined to see this event a success. I left Austin Thursday in pouring rain. Landed in Nashville in pouring rain and it rained all day. Friday dawned to clear skies, beautiful sunshine, and perfect temps. Saturday was the same as Friday only better. Sunday brought more nasty weather, clouds, rain and chilly temps. This morning as I was heading to the airport is was nothing but sever weather warnings on the radio and I was driving in monsoon conditions. Bottom line, right in the middle of a whole lot of nasty weather, that "power greater than us" worked in two picture perfect days for the gathering. No way can that be coincidence :emoji_laughing:

Indications are that there WILL be another one of these next year. I'm thinking I might have to start stockpiling steaks pretty soon and maybe even get another freezer to make sure we have enough.

Of all the incredible food that was cooked and served, the one pic that really stands out in my mind is that shot of the beef ribs on the cutting board. Those look spectacular!! Just an awe inspiring pic of some ribs that were cooked to perfection and showcased Jake's abilities with the smoker. Not that I ever doubted him, but to be standing there when those came off the smoker, I got weak in the knees. Never in my life have I seen a rack of ribs that looked like those did...and I may never again butI'll take that memory to the grave with me :emoji_astonished:

Well that's about it for now. Still kinda brain dead from getting up in the middle of the night and making the journey back to Austin.

Still basking in the glory of having been there,
Robert
Was a pleasure having you Robert! Thanks for everything you contributed but mostly for the friendship. I felt the same way as you did when I pulled the beef ribs off the smoker lol. Hope you'll come for the next one. I have a feeling it's only gonna be better!

Judging by the pictures nobody should have went hungry that's for sure. Looks like it was a great event and that's awesome. All involved did a great job putting it on

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Morning fellas and non fellas. We had a blast at the Tennessee Gathering! To those that came was great meeting you. To those that couldn't make it I look forward to seeing you at the next gathering!

Started off our festivities with Robert taking me and emily out for cajun food Thursday night. Me and Robert had beers at a Mexican restaurant while we waited on emily to get off work.
View attachment 495055
Then off for some cajun. Me and emilyView attachment 495016
Was a great night having some beer and great food with a awesome friend.

Now onto Friday.......Robert sent just about a whole cows worth of CPB ribeyes and porter houses for supperView attachment 495026
All seasoned upView attachment 495025View attachment 495024
Hanging out with @Johnny Ray while the grills getting readyView attachment 495027
Me, tx smoker tx smoker and @Johnny Ray
View attachment 495028
Me and Emily, @Johnny Ray and Lynn
View attachment 495029
Me and @Johnny Ray View attachment 495023
Steaks getting happy
View attachment 495051
View attachment 495056
Had baked taters and salad. View attachment 495022
My plateView attachment 495054
@Johnny Ray and Lynn chowing down. Two thumbs up is Johnny's signature move lolView attachment 495018View attachment 495053
Me and EmilyView attachment 495019
And some of my buddies dropped byView attachment 495017
Was a fun night and a delicious meal. Thanks again tx smoker tx smoker for the steaks!

Saturday was just an out right meat fest.
tx smoker tx smoker sent a 7 bone rack of beef ribs he cut off a CPB ribeye roast. Got those trimmed and seasoned with some black opsView attachment 495049
Some baby backsView attachment 495050
@mike243 brought some bologna to smoke. I'm a big fan of smoked bolognaView attachment 495047
View attachment 495048
15lbs of whole wings seasoned up with @bmudd14474 rub he sent me. Thanks Brian that stuffs delicious!View attachment 495045
My smoked beans and a full smokerView attachment 495041
Beef ribs are ready for our pre meal snackView attachment 495046View attachment 495031View attachment 495042
My ribView attachment 495043
@mike243 ribView attachment 495036
He killed his lolView attachment 495034
They sure were deliciousView attachment 495039View attachment 495038
Bacon wrapped stuffed dates took the place of the beef ribs. Used tx smoker tx smoker bacon to wrap them inView attachment 495040
@mike243 his wife Cathleen and their sweet pup.View attachment 495037
Foods readyView attachment 495033View attachment 495032
Emily made some tater salad to go with my beans and @mike243 brought some cornbread salad that was to die for. Hopefully he'll make a thread and give us the recipe

Was one heck of a weekend. Pleasure to meet @Johnny Ray and @mike243 and your wives. Hopefully we can get together more often. tx smoker tx smoker I can't say how much I appreciate your contribution to the gathering and the friendship we've made over the last year.....and thanks for taking the majority of the pics lol

Hopefully see a few more of y'all next time!
All I can say is DAMMIT SON!!

I've got to be a part of that next time.....

Reactions: TNJAKE
Judging by the pictures nobody should have went hungry that's for sure. Looks like it was a great event and that's awesome. All involved did a great job putting it on
Lol I'm likely gonna have the meat sweats all week

This looks like an amazing time! What an amazing community we have here on the forum, and love seeing Certified Piedmontese beef here making folks happy (and full :emoji_grinning:)!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky