2016 North Florida Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Someone please do a play by play for us that couldn't make it this year

Someone please do a play by play for us that couldn't make it this year
Alan with the pictures just called it a night but here is a sample picture.......LOL

Food was awesome........................Stay tuned

Last edited:
I guess that means the pole barn is well used

OK then.. we made it home safe... With that being sad....

AWESOME Is the single word of choice for my description of the Gathering ...

First off let me say that Ms Karen and Jerry are two of the finest, most generous people you'll ever meet ... Not only to offer up their property for this gathering... But then they also supply everything needed for some of the best meals you could ever eat for three days ... AT NO CHARGE (of coarse donations are excepted) ... These two (especially Ms Karen) work from sun-up till well after dark, non stop, prepping, cooking, cleaning, as well as so much other stuff just to make sure the attendees have the best time that could be had ...

With that... "THANK YOU" Ms Karen and Jerry ...

Jeff (TulsaJeff) owner of these forums... a big "THANK YOU" to you.. If not for you starting this place.. none of this would ever happen ...

Todd (A-MAZ-N Products) ... With some of the best customer service and products a company could have... "THANK YOU" for sending some of your products to give away as door prizes ...

Tim (BAMAFAN) and his buddy Jay ... "Thanks" for all the hard work y'all put in prepping and cooking... We really appreciate it...

Joe (Boykjo) ... This guy makes some of the best sausage one could ever consume... and then gives packs away to take home... Thanks Brother"

Brian (Bmudd) ... Brian always brings Tri-Tips with him from Cali and cooks it for Thur. nights dinner. ... Unfortunately Brian couldn't make it this year.. but he still managed to make sure we had HIS tri-tip on Thursday night .. He overnighted 3 tips and his rub to us... so we still had some awesome Tips on Thurs. .... "THANKS" brother ... hopefully you can make it next year ...

Allen (Jammo).. thanks for being the official photographer.. pictures are great ...

AWESOME ..

It was great to see old freinds.. and make some new ones as we had a few new people come and check it out.... Hopefully they all had a good time and will come back again next year ...

Thanks everybody...

PS. Jay... go get that shoulder checked out ...

Last edited:
This was our first time going and we had a really good time!  Jerry and Karen have a great place to throw a get together like this - plenty of space and plenty of cover which came in handy with "some" rain.  Most of all, the people are simply super.  They welcome you like they have known you for years.  Reminds me of a family reunion.  You may not have seen them for 10 years, but they automatically accept you just because you are there.

Lots of good food.  Lots of good food.  Lots and lots of good food.....

Tim knocked the brisket out of the park.  Him and Jay were all over the trailer smokers.  Others were as well, I'm sure.  Turned out some really good eats!

Joe made and smoked sausage.  He's been doing it a long time and answered every question thrown at him with a pragmatic suggestion.  I never quit learning around this crowd.  Someone always knows something you don't.  He even sent a little home with us.  Thanks, Joe!  We grilled it tonight and ate it with some red beans and rice.  No matter what you say, it was some good stuff.

Doug Mayes has a terrific dog.  Tacoma is the best thing about him....      just kidding, he's a great guy.  Tacoma stole my wife's heart.  He hosts the South Florida gathering in the fall.  If I can, we are going.

Keith has a new passion - pork rinds!

I absolutely loved coming over and staying for a couple of days. 

I dont know him personally, but Todd with A-Maze-N supplied some cool door prizes.  A bunch of wood pellets (garlic spice is something new which I didn't win) and he even gave away a few of the new expandable tubes.  Gotta give props when he is as generous as he is.  I heard two different stories of him taking care of his customers - both were over the top.

I really loved it.   Hope more of you check it out.

It was a very enjoyable event.

Glad everyone had a good time and the weather didnt drown anyone.  The food was great as usual i'm sure. i ate 10 lbs of crawfish in yalls honor today.

Doug Mayes has a terrific dog.  Tacoma is the best thing about him....      just kidding, he's a great guy.  Tacoma stole my wife's heart.  He hosts the South Florida gathering in the fall.  If I can, we are going.
LOL!!! Thanks for the Datil plants! Put them in the ground today! Can't wait

Keith thanks again for all the help on the grill! Were all getting old. Time share is a must. If John Wetzel makes it next year we'll retire and let that youngster do it.

We'd like to thank everyone who attended and a big thank you to those who help without y'all it couldn't happen. It's great to see old friends and make new ones.

Todd thanks for all your support over the years

Brian thanks for the tri tip and rub it was good

Last edited:
A big thank you to Jerry and Karen for hosting another gathering. I really had a great time. A big thanks to Tim and Jay for smoking some awesome meats and to everyone who helped in any way............Except for the one day of rain it was perfect...............
thumb.gif

It was great to see everyone again and meet new friends...

Thanks Kieth for the stand.. It will get used a lot

Joe

Bmudd

A big thank you to Jerry and Karen for hosting another gathering. I really had a great time. A big thanks to Tim and Jay for smoking some awesome meats and to everyone who helped in any way............Except for the one day of rain it was perfect...............
thumb.gif

It was great to see everyone again and meet new friends...

Thanks Kieth for the stand.. It will get used a lot

Joe
I grilled the sausage you gave me the moment I got home.  It was good even though it was not what you expected.  My son (the 19 y/o) said that he would come next year if you would be there to make sausage!

Last edited:
Keith, where are you?  and what are you doing?

You need to come smoke my wife some deviled eggs!

She seriously put a dozen eggs on boil the moment we hit the house.  I was out checking my plants and she started calling for me to start the smoker!

Thanks Jerry and Karen for another great gathering. Sorry we couldn't stay for the Sat. festivities, but didn't want to miss all the great people we have meet over the years. Van and Phyllis

Keith, where are you?  and what are you doing?

You need to come smoke my wife some deviled eggs!

She seriously put a dozen eggs on boil the moment we hit the house.  I was out checking my plants and she started calling for me to start the smoker!

Doug.. let us know how they turned out ... maybe a new thread...

Craig.. you and Ann woulda had a blast ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky