#1stworldproblems

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigheaded

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 14, 2021
Philippines
be careful what you say to people. Last week I ordered Grill Grates for my Gravity 560. I hyped up how amazing Smashburgers will come out on them to my 2 roommates and the 6 year old girl here. Since the day I ordered it the delivery date was today, so since Friday night, I've been telling them they're in for a life-changing experience come the 12th. Besides laying it on way too thick lol. Well it didn't come today, and Fedex now has delivery marked as delayed, with no scheduled delivery date available at this time and status is PENDING.

Now I don't even have any backup cookware here that's suitable for Smashburgers, so they just got told "sorry some other day though..." I know it will get delivered, but they all really wanted burgers tonight and at this point I don't even know if it will be here tomorrow - or when even. So I couldn't even say "tomorrow, just wait" Location currently says Georgia, and I'm in So Cal. So if that's accurate it definitely won't be here tomorrow lol. It hasn't been updated on Fedex's website since Sunday, so I'm hoping it was like a straight truck ride from there to here and it arrives at the local hub sometime tonight and I get it tomorrow.

I take shipping for granted because I order so much stuff and this never happens, and now I look like a liar lol and I'm stuck in a house with 3 disappointed females. I learned my lesson though, so no more promises until I'm physically able to deliver on them.

I'm stuck in a house with 3 disappointed females

There is always Upgrading to the groups favorite meal. Never met a woman that would be mad that I fed her Steak or Shrimp over a Hamburger. And I have been feeding a Wife and three Daughters for 25+years. Feeling your pain my friend!...JJ

I hate a liar :emoji_laughing:. But seriously though, even Amazon prime isn't 2 day shipping anymore, it's just free shipping that may or may not arrive in 2 days, so I don't count on anything.
No doubt, I end up canceling almost half of the things that I order through Amazon Prime lately.
And I'm in the process of getting the money I paid for prime this year refunded too me because of breach of contract. Hell, they can afford it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: flatbroke
There is always Upgrading to the groups favorite meal. Never met a woman that would be mad that I fed her Steak or Shrimp over a Hamburger. And I have been feeding a Wife and three Daughters for 25+years. Feeling your pain my friend!...JJ

Steak would have been my backup meal if only I hadn't also super oversold how a seared steak on the Grill Grate will be near perfection. Complete with showing her a video of Malcom Reed making a Rib Eye on one. If I had made a steak normally it would have been greeted with a smarta$$ "ohhh so you can make a Steak without one..." comment.

You can always pop over to a Walmart or Target and get a cast iron griddle to set on top of your grates for the 560. It would be a solution and I can't imagine you having any trouble finding one in So Cal. I'm in So Cal and there is a Walmart in just about every direction that I can reach in 5 minutes well maybe 10 with the renewed traffic.

G

Reactions: 912smoker
You can always pop over to a Walmart or Target and get a cast iron griddle to set on top of your grates for the 560. It would be a solution and I can't imagine you having any trouble finding one in So Cal. I'm in So Cal and there is a Walmart in just about every direction that I can reach in 5 minutes well maybe 10 with the renewed traffic.

G

Indeed and I could use a cast iron griddle for the stove, but for a week I've been telling 3 females how the grill grates are superior in every way to any other way you can cook meat. If I make them a burger or steak on a cast iron pan on the stove? I'll never hear the end of it lol.

luckily for me the package came today

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky