1st Try at Canadian Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishwrestler

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 4, 2010
Loomis,CA
Went to Smart and Final to buy some pork tender loin and come home with about 8 good sizes pork sirloins . Put them up in High Mountain Buckboard cure.

Let it sit for 10 days then did a water bath and fry test. Little pieces of heaven.

Took one and let it sit two days in maple syrup.

On Saturday I took and loaded the Big Chief hoping that if i did a long smoke i could get the temp on  the meat where i needed it.

afa64eb3_IMG_0160.jpg

Well after almost 8 hours the temps would not get above 120, with  good smoke and outside texture I decided to pull and put in the oven at 220 deg. After about 45 minutes the meat was at 155 degs. Took it out and could not wait. Sliced it up and it was unbelievable. Had Canadian Bacon and eggs for breakfast.

5b172396_CB32611.jpg

5b4c8a13_CBSliced32611.jpg
+

Thanks for all the kind words. I love it when things work out. I will post up later my attempt at home made hotdogs, I can honeslty say my first True fail when it comes to cookign smoking in a long time . I am still trying to get up the courage to actually write about it.   

That looks awesome.  Great job.  I'd say you have plenty of smoke on it and probably didn't hurt it at all by finishing in the oven. 

I'll take a plate with that 2 eggs over easy and a couple pieces of whole wheat toast.  
Looks-Great.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky