1st time trailer RF build-150 gallon tank

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

got to bring it home friday. did a couple of burns in it.

fired it up saturday morning and let the testing begin. had a learning curve, but was very pleased.

got a coat of 1200 degree paint on the important parts. will head back into fabicating parts after this weekend.

can't wait to get those white walls off either.

hey dawg! i live in savannah as well. i would like to see your smoker as i am starting a build on a big baby double barrel smoker and would like to take some design ques from you. u can message me on here or email me at [email protected] and i will email u back with my number or u can email me urs. looks like an awesome build

I just came from the dawgs house and he. Has a wealth of knowledge that he shared with me. Dawg showed me a shoulder that he had cooked and it looked awesome. Contrary to popular belief, I have the ability to see thru smoke and I'm pretty sure that the dawg was tempting me with that shoulder. Dawg! U better lock the shop up. That shoulder might be missing in the morning! Lol. I was gonna see if I could bribe someone with good que to help me build my smoker. How do u bribe a man that has his smoker built and has good que in the fridge? Lol try to see ya saturday dog!

took a break from the fabricating & build to make sure this thing worked! i put 100 lbs of Q on it this past saturday.

everything worked great. being the 2nd run on it, the learning curve dropped a ton. still learning some, upper rack is hotter and so forth.

got the rims stripped, primed and painted last night because i'm getting some new 6 ply tires put on today. no more white walls.

was given a stainless prep table and a 3' stainless cube frig (resting box). got some t & g PVC decking to go down. so we'll head back into the build this weekend.

just not rushing anything at this point. cooking on it helped me with the layout more than anything!

i'll leave you with this happy result

took a break from the fabricating & build to make sure this thing worked! i put 100 lbs of Q on it this past saturday.

everything worked great. being the 2nd run on it, the learning curve dropped a ton. still learning some, upper rack is hotter and so forth.

got the rims stripped, primed and painted last night because i'm getting some new 6 ply tires put on today. no more white walls.

was given a stainless prep table and a 3' stainless cube frig (resting box). got some t & g PVC decking to go down. so we'll head back into the build this weekend.

just not rushing anything at this point. cooking on it helped me with the layout more than anything!

Over the next year, you will see and find numerous other things that will work better also.  I know I have, thats why I have modded mine like 3 times already with a few more to come.

Thank goodness the white walls are gone, no good Q has ever came off a rig with whitewalls!   LOL...

That pork looks good enough to eat Dawg!

All around, OUTSTANDING job on your smoker and the results. 
icon14.gif

i see the remote on the right then the other temps. how does it cook from right to left? is it about the same cooking time? BTW nice build. except for the white walls. what were you thinking
police2.gif

happy smoken.

david

I had a remote on each end. Two more gauges just laying on rack also. Being the second run I was trying to cover my bases. I can happily say left to right I had no more than 5 degree difference. However, I started out with both racks in with 3 on bottom and 2 on top. A lot bigger difference. The top ran hotter and lead me to putting them all on the bottom for a more even cook.

The white walls are gone!!!!!!! Put some 6 ply's on it this week.

Dawg

I had a remote on each end. Two more gauges just laying on rack also. Being the second run I was trying to cover my bases. I can happily say left to right I had no more than 5 degree difference. However, I started out with both racks in with 3 on bottom and 2 on top. A lot bigger difference. The top ran hotter and lead me to putting them all on the bottom for a more even cook.

The white walls are gone!!!!!!! Put some 6 ply's on it this week.

Dawg
Yeah, the top shelf is typically 30 degrees hotter on mine than the bottom.  I use it more to set sauces and glazes than I do to actually cook. 

Got a couple more items checked off my list today.

1. got the stainless prep table mounted but with a twist. i made brackets that the legs go into, insert/pull pins and now i have a removable table that i can move over by the CC door.

2. fab'd and installed spare tire carrier, my wife ordered me a Semper Fi cover. i married way over my head.

3. installed bracket for 9' umbrella

4. attached oak handle i made

with that being said, i can finish up my decking. I'm installing a tongue and groove PVC composite material, that you can see where i started laying, should dress it out nicely.

got a few more items rattling around my head that i think I'll let marinate. (fenders, storage, shelving)

we'll post a pic when i get decking complete

Dawg 

thanks!

i was gonna tell you to come over but with the rain and all. couldn't believe i got what i did done. new 10' canopy rocks also

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky