1st time Spatchcock chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Stingh2

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 13, 2019
1st time Spatchcock chicken on the grill. Wife did an amazing job of prepping the chicken. She cut it and then added a little olive oil and Jeff’s bbq rub. Grilled at 350 with a little cherry and pecan wood mix about 25 minutes each side and 10 minutes of Stubb’s sweet bbq sauce to finish it up. Will definitely do this again. So juicy.
Bill
01BAD80F-597C-46C4-877F-25A747D74564.jpeg

83021B84-F3C9-4804-97EE-819F005FF53A.jpeg

797538BC-0939-4185-A194-5387B1B39AA9.jpeg

Great way to do chicken! I like all of the stubbs products. Thats one of those real good sticky fingers meal!

Reactions: Stingh2
Beautiful looking chicken. I know what I'm getting next trip to the store.
Nicely done Bill!

That is a fine lookin' yardbird, I'd be all over that crispy skin, Like! I kind of spatch most all my whole chickens, I use a meat cleaver and hammer and just chop them in half. RAY

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I will definitely do my whole chickens this way from now on. It cooked faster and was very juicy.
Stay safe everyone.
Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky