1st time making summer sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

accurateone

Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
5 lbs venison

LEM Summer Sausage Kit

Meat was very cold. Added seasoning and cure to meat dry. Mixed very well with hands. Let sit in Refrigerator for 2 hrs.

Stuffed in Casings and put in oven.

Been in there 6 hours and I am minutes away from 165 degree mark.

Does this sound like it will be safe to eat.

Thanks

I see this is your first post.. would you please go to roll call and introduce yourself so we can give you the warm SMF welcome deserved ...

WE NEED MORE INFO PLEASE , with cure I like to let sit overnight but this is fine also. you can pull when the IT (Internal Temp) of the sausage hits 152 IT also, what size casings did you use?? If they are the larger ones you will need to water bath them after cooking so they will stop cooking if they are snack stick size just lay on counter and let them bloom.  And what temp were they in the oven at?? 

Let us know and welcome to the forum. 
welcome1.gif

we like pics also.   
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

worthless.gif

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

I believe 4 hrs is the minimum for cure to take affect in ground meat... as stated.. overnight would be best... Also... next time dissolve the cure in about 1/4 cup of water and then pour that onto the meat and mix... what temp was oven running at ?? also as stated.. 152` IT is done....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky