1st pulled pork, mmmmmmm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mkatts

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
Columbus, OH
Bought a 6 lbs pork shoulder, injected it with a recipe for "port-a-pit" chicken

water
cider vinegar
whorchistire sauce
butter
salt
pepper
msg

Injected all over then put in a ziplock with the marinade and moarinaded it for 36 hours.

Smoked it with mesquite for about 8 hours. Took it to 200* It was falling apart when I took it out. It was awsome!

No BBQ sauce needed. Just the pork on a bun was all that was needed.

I took some to work and had about 20 people sample it and i didn't get a single negative comment.

I was very happy and satisfied!

Thank you to all of you for posting such graet information. Other than looking for apple wood chunks I was able to pull it off without having to post any new threads because you guys have already asnwered every quetion I had building up to Saturday.

Thanks!
828674c4_vbattach12915.jpg

A SAMPLE!!!!!!!!! it's a wonder that someone didn't club you across the head with a stick and make off with the booty..LOL

Good job. Looks mighty tasty.
I'm doing pulled pork next weekend. Hope I can report similar results. I will have to give much consideration to your "fuel injected pork" recipe.

ROFLMAO

Looks good. I'll take a sample.

honestly, to me there is nothing better than creating a meal and watching peoples reactions and watching them enjoy it.

Gives me goose bumps.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks all!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky