• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

1st pulled pork, mmmmmmm

mkatts

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 14, 2007
Bought a 6 lbs pork shoulder, injected it with a recipe for "port-a-pit" chicken

water
cider vinegar
whorchistire sauce
butter
salt
pepper
msg

Injected all over then put in a ziplock with the marinade and moarinaded it for 36 hours.

Smoked it with mesquite for about 8 hours. Took it to 200* It was falling apart when I took it out. It was awsome!

No BBQ sauce needed. Just the pork on a bun was all that was needed.

I took some to work and had about 20 people sample it and i didn't get a single negative comment.

I was very happy and satisfied!

Thank you to all of you for posting such graet information. Other than looking for apple wood chunks I was able to pull it off without having to post any new threads because you guys have already asnwered every quetion I had building up to Saturday.

Thanks!
828674c4_vbattach12915.jpg

linescum

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2006
A SAMPLE!!!!!!!!! it's a wonder that someone didn't club you across the head with a stick and make off with the booty..LOL

desert smokin

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 1, 2007
Good job. Looks mighty tasty.
I'm doing pulled pork next weekend. Hope I can report similar results. I will have to give much consideration to your "fuel injected pork" recipe.

ron50

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2007
ROFLMAO

Looks good. I'll take a sample.

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Great looking product. You should be very proud of that. Most of all you had fun.

mkatts

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 14, 2007
honestly, to me there is nothing better than creating a meal and watching peoples reactions and watching them enjoy it.

Gives me goose bumps.

Thanks all!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.