1st ever "Pacific NorthWest Smokeout / Get together"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 9, 2012
Lacey, WA.
Hi all I wanted to let you all know I found a real good place to meet.It is called "Friends Landing" Since we are inviting Oregon as well I picked a spot that wouldn’t be too far north for them. Here is the Web page for the campground. http://www.gofriendslanding.com/index.php/camping4 . The dates that are set are the weekend of the 23, 24, 25 of August (Fri, sat, sun) as of now there are 16 sites available. We have the large covered picnic area for Sunday to have a big breakfast and lunch together. There is power to these sites so us Watt Burners can cook also.. There is sturgeon fishing year round and salmon fishing when in season. A horse shoe pit plus a playground for the kidies.I am really looking forward to seeing as many of you you as possible and remember, any and all are invited.

To reserve your spot contact Jerry 360 249 5117 and let him know your part of SMF.

Handicap Access

Friends Landing was developed with the intentions to be Handicap accessible. The 1.7 mile hiking area around the lake is a maintained paved and bridged access trail.

The fishing facilities have wheelchair access to the fishing shacks, and piers for lake access.

The restrooms on site are wheelchair accessible, with 2 shower stalls in each that are built with wheel chairs in mind.

The Camping RV and tent access sites are all paved and maintained.

Cant wait to see you there Big Dee. Maybe we can smoke some Sturgeon if I catch 1 at the dock
drool.gif

I think this will be fun. Never had sturgeon. So if you catch one we could smoke some. Just in case I will be bringing some lake Roosevelt trout and possibly some walleye to fry up.
icon_biggrin.gif
 See you there.

Last edited:
It figures that the weekend this happens I am catering a wedding for 300 and our church is doing family camp.  My timing sucks. Hope you guys have a great time. I wish I could be there. You are only about an hour away from Astoria. DANG!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky