1st Cen Tex Que & Brew Event Is In The Books And It Was Epic (Insane Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup!!
That's the kinda plate the Bear likes when Mrs Bear is away, because of her dislike of Fish. Awesome Shrimp & Fish!! Yuuuummm......!!!!
Like.

Bear

So here's the funny part... Ready? I hate fish, or anything fishy tasting! LOL

But I do like most shellfish such as Shrimp, crab, scallops and lobster. And I think Long John Silvers has great fish. haha. But I came across Swai (also known as Bas or Pegassi), which from my understanding is a catfish that originates from the Mekong River, which is so mild that it's basically the "chicken" of fish. It's like a blank slate, so it simply takes on whatever flavor you add to it. Tilapia is also a good, mild fish, but not even as mild as the Swai.

I have a friend that lives in WA and has been to Pike Place Fish Market many times. She gave me what I consider the ultimate of compliments when she told me that my beer battered fried fish was even better than theres! :)

Reactions: negolien
"Yup!!
That's the kinda plate the Bear likes when Mrs Bear is away, because of her dislike of Fish. Awesome Shrimp & Fish!! Yuuuummm......!!!!"

Once again sir, thank you for the kind words. Being that you're the king of sammies, especially with left-overs, here's one that you may get a kick out of. The meal posted above was the first night Tracy was out of town. Here is the second night. I did a blackened Tilapia Po Boy with more spicy shrimp, and homemade tartar sauce.

Got the shrimp going
View attachment 403420

Fish in another pan with the same blackening season
View attachment 403421

Lay down the fish on a hoagie roll
View attachment 403422

Provolone cheese
View attachment 403423

Fresh 'maters
View attachment 403424

Lettuce
View attachment 403425

Tartar sauce. A bit sloppy but it sure was good :-)
View attachment 403426

Dinner is served!! Added some chips and a piggle to finish it off
View attachment 403427

This doesn't stack up to some of the amazing sammies I've seen you post, but it was noteworthy.

Robert

It's the piggles that make the samwich ;)

Man! I'd take the fish plate OR the Po'Boy ANYTIME! My favorite meals! Triple likes...if allowed.
Don

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky