1st: Canadian Bacon w/loin, 1 Spicy, 2 Regular- q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks Great!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks fellas! Check this out....

I felt the need to get this posted ASAP. It is unanimous by land-slide...all taste tests (blind) voted for the spicy. The regular is good also, but the touch of cayenne and cinnamon put the spicy version over the top. It's not hot at all, just a hint of the cayenne with the cinnamon really pulls it all together.

The only draw-back from this experience is, I have 10# of regular and 5 # of spicy
icon_redface.gif
. But who would have known what the family would like best? That's why I did the blind taste test.

My Nesco Pro slicer is getting a workout...slice a couple pounds, then shut down for a cool down...even the 150 watt motor is a bit light...definately not for continuous duty:

The salt content after doing the 45 minute soak is nearly perfect...could have went 15 minutes longer, I think. They fully cured, as you can see, and the flavors of both are very good. Like I said thought, go for the spicy if you want to taste something you'll really remember and want to try again.

Thanks again everyone!

Eric

CB/Beef Salami/Chicken Sausage sandwich:

Enjoy!

Eric

Thanks! I gotta keep this stuff in a locked freezer or else it would disappear overnight! LOL!!!

160* was the target temp...they all came out within 5 or 6 minutes of each other and I had one go to 162 if I remember correctly...but 160* is good to go with the curing for a fully cooked CB...you could pull 'em @ 140* if it will be cooked (like on pizza) before eating. I went 160* so I wouldn't have one of my kids grab the wrong kind by mistake to make a sandwich...they're not the best at reading labels...
icon_redface.gif
They just know that what I cook is good, so they eat it!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Eric

I got to give that a try. Looks great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky