1st beef snack sticks

Discussion in 'Making Jerky' started by sdiver40, Dec 12, 2011.

1. sdiver40

sdiver40 Fire Starter

After smoking a couple of butts this weekend and liking the way they turned out, I wanted to try something else. I had today off and between the tag office and chores I decided I would give some snack sticks a try. Something pretty simple and didn’t require me to baby sit it all day.  I’ll admit, trying to keep the smoker below 180 turned out to be more of a chore than I expected.

Anyway this is a pic of the finial product. Maybe not professional but they’re still pretty tasty.
    Also if it were not for all the great info here on this site, I wouldn’t have tried any of it.

[​IMG]

2. johnnie walker

johnnie walker Smoking Fanatic

Those look mighty tastey to me SDiver. I just made my first batch over the week-end too. Keep on smoking.

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great looking sticks!

[​IMG]

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now your sticks look awesome and I have to make some soon or the wife is gonna make some out of you know what.

5. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looking tasty!!

Craig

6. papagreer

papagreer Meat Mopper

looks good....way better then store bought huh?

Chris

7. sdiver40

sdiver40 Fire Starter

They are pretty good if I say so myself. Next time i'll tweak them a little bit and see how they turn out. For a kit they are pretty good, but I think I can make them better. 

8. Nice looking sticks. Quite tasty I bet.