1sr beer can burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

2008RN

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Sweet Home, Oregon
I spent a few days reading about beer can burgers and collecting ideas and gave it a shot for labor day weekend. I ended making the burgers out of a mixture off beef, spicey Italian sausage, and chorizo. I Then made 3 different types of stuffing: Jalapeño poppers, Mushroom and swiss cheese, and Reubens.

The Jalapeño poppers where made with Jalapeños, poblanos, cream cheese, and sharp cheddar. and onions The Mushroom and Swiss cheese was made with shiitake mushrooms, Swiss cheese, onions, and top with a mushroom cap. The Reuben was made with Turkey pastrami (the wife thought it was to much work to prep a corn beef ahead of time), onion, sauerkraut, and 1000 island dressing (recipes to follow)
upload_2019-9-3_9-21-16.png

I cold smoked for 1 hour, Cooked at 225º until meat hit 130º, and then at 325º until meat 165º. I added cheese to the top of every thing at 162º

upload_2019-9-3_9-32-29.jpeg

The poblano strips covering the the poppers, and the pastrami covering the reuben where both dried out (overcooked) I think next time I will add these when the food temp is 130º

upload_2019-9-3_9-35-23.jpeg

1/2 popper and 1/2 rueben with asparagus and onions. The mushroom and swiss was fantastic the other were good. I think the next time I will try a pizza based stuffing.

Recipes:
Base:

1.5 lb. ground beef (80/20) , 1 lbs Italian sausage, 1/2 lbs chorizo (1/2 lbs meat makes 1 burger)
-1/2 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TBSP Garlic powder
- 8 thin sliced bacon

1. Mix ground meat , Worcestershire Sauce, garlic and rub if wanted and then mix in a large size bowl. When that is done, make four large balls out of the meat.
2. oil outside of pop can.
3. Press pop can into center of the ball and then form meat around can.
4. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around sides of the meat, and then remove pop can.
5. Sprinkle any spices/rubs wanted to the burger.

Stuff with desired Ingredients :

2 Onion diced and sautéed in butter with coarse pepper enough of all 6 burgers.

Jalapeños Poppers
3 roasted and diced jalapeños (1.5 large per burger)
cream cheese (6oz)
onion diced and sautéed
sharp cheddar (diced inside, 2 slice for cover)
3 roasted and shinned Poblano (2 slices length wise for covering, 1 diced in mix)

mix diced jalapeño and dice poblano, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion then stuff burger.
cover top with the 2 strips of Poblanos
Smoke
Add slice of cheese to to top during last 5 minutes

Mushroom Swiss beer can burger
Onion dice and sautéed
6 shiitake mushrooms (1 per burger (cap), 2 diced and sautéed inside per burger)
1 lbs . sliced Swiss cheese (1 slice covering per burger, 2 slices diced inside per burger)
Sauté diced onions and mushroom in butter
stuff with cheese, sauté onions and sauté mushroom
place mushroom cap on top
Smoke
Cover with 1 slice of Swiss cheese during last 5 minutes

Reuben
pastrami (2 Chopped inside each burger, 2 length across the top each burger)
onion diced and sautéed
8 oz. Sauerkraut
Swiss Cheese (1 slice covering per burger, 2 slices diced inside per burger)
6oz. 1000 inlands dressings

mix Sauerkraut, chopped Swiss Cheese, chopped pastrami, 1000 inlands dressings and stuff burger
cover top with 2 strips of pastrami
smoke
Cover with slice of Swiss cheese during last 15 minutes

Note: Had enough stuffing to do a third burger.

Whoa yeah...... Great looking cook. I'd be pretty partial to the mushroom swiss, but it all looks so yummy!
Don

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky