18 degrees and smokin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JJS

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Hersey, MI
When the little lady says she wants ribs I say yes ma’am!

it was 18 degrees when I fired the smoker up this am, it took about 1.5 hrs to melt the ice of and get up to temp but now we are rollin smoke.

I figured this would be a good opportunity to throw on some cheese and salt as well, hell if your gonna be cold might as well knock out as much as possible.

I put the pellet tube in my propane smoker for the cheese and salt and it would only get up to 29 degrees and wasn’t flowing like I wanted so I pulled a few chunks of charcoal out of the big girl and tossed in the bottom, she’s at 66 and flowing like a champ.
Thanks for looking

JJ
615C3B52-AE63-40C3-BDD1-5B08080A8B0C.jpeg
9367103C-4656-4D5C-BDAD-71CC9423BB8E.jpeg
6FADF102-7D5E-49E1-905E-5DB4DF7A3B6B.jpeg

Oh Yeah two birds with one stone Mmmmmmm

Gary

Reactions: JJS
That is to cold for this old bone yard. We are having some real strange weather last few days 60°F but windy.
The dog has a look like what am I doing here your cooking LOL

Reactions: JJS
That is to cold for this old bone yard. We are having some real strange weather last few days 60°F but windy.
The dog has a look like what am I doing here your cooking LOL

He will not leave that area when the smoker is running, I had to drag him in the house so he could warm up his feet and he stood at the window staring at the smoker, he is a weird one lol. He is still a pup so maybe he will grow out of that

Final pics, damn near lost a finger with the savages trying to get some food but I made it through
D0D3E6E0-C970-44A1-B13B-AB6537912C32.jpeg
EBEF9716-25FF-48F1-80E4-E66B9EDA3DBD.jpeg

Thanks for the likes and comments everyone, much appreciated!!

Reactions: luvcatchingbass
Propane smoker only got to 29 degrees?

Problem with the regulator?

I've smoked with my propane smoker in much colder weather, never had a problem.

Don't have to worry about it this year so far! Loving it!

Propane smoker only got to 29 degrees?

Problem with the regulator?

I've smoked with my propane smoker in much colder weather, never had a problem.

Don't have to worry about it this year so far! Loving it!

I didn’t have the burner on, it doesn’t go low enough to smoke cheese.
Just put the pellet tube in to see how warm it would get it, ended up with a few chunks of charcoal in the bottom and all was good

I love it, Big Like JJS! Did you do the ribs on your offset? Looks like that pup could not only guard the ribs but the smokers too, never hope he grows out of doing that, that's what Rotty's do best. RAY

I love it, Big Like JJS! Did you do the ribs on your offset? Looks like that pup could not only guard the ribs but the smokers too, never hope he grows out of doing that, that's what Rotty's do best. RAY

Thank you, yes I did the ribs on the offset, it’s a highly modified chargriller that is now RF.

He’s a good one, I think we will keep him, can’t wait for some of the puppy hyperactivity to simmer down a bit lol

Yeah, I hear you loud and clear, I've got a springer that just turned 2, wild as could be. I figured it was a RF by seeing the pic with the stack on the same end as the firebox. I smoke just about everything on my SQ36 with hickory, readily available to be delivered to my doorstep from Cabelas. Looks like you've got a fine assortment of smoking wood right in your own backyard. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky