14 Years and Nothing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Finally getting some closure with my employer.
Lay Off paperwork being drawn up today or tomorrow, along with all the other stuff, e.g. COBRA benefits info and such.
This Friday I'll get fifty six hours of vacation time, eight hours paid holiday time and four weeks of severance pay.

This has been like pulling teeth, but slower, nothing has happened fast.
I swear they were waiting for me to quit or blow my top at someone.
If I'd quit or lost my cool with someone, read misconduct termination, I wouldn't be able to get unemployment or severance pay.

I had to mention a labor lawyer to move them along.
At this point I'm almost happy to be rid of them except for the workers comp settlement lawsuit.

Sure do wish us pawns had golden parachutes like the executives.

Chili I don't know you but it sounds like you've got it settled. It's time to turn and look ahead. The future is wide open. There's always something new and you have a lot of talents to expand on. Don't hesitate.

Reactions: chilerelleno
Chile... When I was on workers comp (crushed all 5 toes on right foot, amputated little toe)... As long as I went to the Dr's once a year they (workers comp) were obligated to pay for any future services needed... Same with you ?

Reactions: chilerelleno
Chile... When I was on workers comp (crushed all 5 toes on right foot, amputated little toe)... As long as I went to the Dr's once a year they (workers comp) were obligated to pay for any future services needed... Same with you ?
They're liable for lifetime care of the shoulder unless I sign it away for an increase in settlement, or I was to incur another injury of the same shoulder.
They will always be looking to somehow get out of the lifetime care, and likely to drag their feet on approving and/or scheduling medical care.

My lawyer was straight as an arrow on this issue, he said I need to really think about it carefully.
Said we both stand to make a lot more settlement money if I sign it away, but if I need surgery again it could hurt bad financially if my health insurance refuses to cover it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky