1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

14 lbs Boneless Rib Roast

Discussion in 'Beef' started by slahay1, Dec 21, 2010.

1. slahay1

slahay1 Newbie

Hello all, I will be cooking a 14 lbs boneless rib roast on my green egg.  Any time/temp suggestions, recipes, or past experiences would be greatly appreciated.  

2. slahay1

slahay1 Newbie

I do know that I will be taking it off at +-120 degrees, I guess my question is temp and approximate time

3. pineywoods

pineywoods SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us

I like to keep the spices simple and let the good cut of meat speak for itself. I rub it with EVOO then apply salt, pepper, garlic sometimes I add Rosemary sometimes not. Smoke it at 225 or so. I take it off at 130 for rare, 135 for med rare, and 140 for med then wrap in foil for 15-20 minutes the temps will continue to climb during this time then take out and slice. Always cook to temp and not by time but I figure around 20 minutes per lb for a ballpark figure

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010