13# brisket done 10.5 hours?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokebuzz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 14, 2006
IOWA!!
Put the brisket on last nite at 8:20pm, had to move the pit into garage soon after to dodge the rain, temp averaged 225*. whent to put a flat and 2 racks of BB on at 6:50am and thought i would probe the brisket just out of curiosity, it was at 195 in the flat end and 202 in the point, so i went and got a diff thermometer and got the same temps, and wrapped and coolerd
Now if this is'nt a case for don't go by time cuz i rarely probe before 12hr mark.

Hey now that's a very co-operative Brisket! Bet is wasn't as fat throughout as normal. Seems to me every time I geta real fatty brisket it takes forever!

So were's the pictures sweetie?

I think there is a lot of truth to that Debi,but do you think that they may be more dry haveing less fat? The brisket i did 2 weeks a go was consderably larger size and took much longer on the pit, but still 13# and the one last weekend and this one are smaller size and still 13#, haven't cut this one as it is for someone else, but i will try it when i deliver it, the others were pritty juicey ,but would like to see more juices retained.

Well by less fat I mean instead of a 2 inch think layer inside it's only 1/2 inch thick! There not dry still plenty of fat.

When I do my pastramis I take off almost all the fat. I only leave about 1/4 inch on the fatty side and damn near none on the other and they aren't dry.

If I'm pulling or slicing a brisket I still stip it and cut off all but 1/4 inch on the fatty side.
602d4e3b_vbattach14012.jpg

I trim the thick layer off to 1/4" also, i thought you meant fat content like marbleing that i did'nt think they had much of. Do you leave them whole or seperate the flat/point when makeing pastromi? , Iwould like to try make that sometime

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky