120 gallon propane tank

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Shaunwil

Original poster
Jan 5, 2020
GOOD DAY
IM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND FROM SOUTH AFRICA WHERE SMOKING IS SLOWLY STARTING TO GROW IN POPULARITY. THERE IS NOT MUCH INFO AROUND IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD HENCE ME JOINING THIS GROUP
IM BUILDING A 120 GALLON VERTICAL SMOKER AND IM UNDECIDED ABOUT THE HEAT SOURCE. MY QUESTION IS WHETHER A VERTICAL WOOD FIRED OFFSET SMOKER IS GOING TO GIVE ME A BETTER HEAT DISTRIBUTION IN TANK OR WOULD A CHARCOAL BOX DIRECTLY UNDER TANK BE BETTER. I WANT TO SMOKE LARGE VOLUMES AND WOULD LIKE AN EVEN HEAT DISTRIBUTION THROUGHOUT CHAMBER
PLEASE ADVISE

Attachments

• 20200105_222329.jpg
    20200105_222329.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200106_053143.jpg
    20200106_053143.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 9
Could you do a combination of the two drawings? It seems to me that the dimensions of the tank are not going to give you much area?
The tank dimension
Could you do a combination of the two drawings? It seems to me that the dimensions of the tank are not going to give you much area?
Good day the tank dimensions are about 44 x 30 inches the firebox sizes would be
Charcoal burner would be 14 x 27x27inches and the offset would be 21x21x21 inches
That's what I have in mind

Please lose the "CAPS" lock, it makes it really hard to read.
Thank you.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky