11 pound butt for Labor Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cronocide

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 16, 2016
Pennsylvania
Just threw an 11 pound butt on the Pitboss 820. Light layer of mustard, rubbed with some "Rub some Butt" and some brown sugar. On the smoker at 225* and now we wait. It will get spritz every so often with some apple juice/ACV/rum mix. Cant wait until tomorrows picnic!

Pork Butt Labor Day.jpg

Reactions: smokerjim
nice, what time does the picnic start!

I figure that this will be done around 9am and then it will get wrapped in some towels and into a cooler. Picnic is at noon so will pull when i get there and add the soflaquer's finishing sauce and have some bbq sauce on the side for everyone!

So roughly 15 hour cook? I'm going to smoke an 11 lb butt unwrapped and trying to decide what time to put it on tonight for dinner at 5 pm EST tomorrow. Pit Boss Pellet Smoker @ 225. I've always wrapped them..bit want to try one unwrapped.

Looks great and sounds like a solid plan. Enjoy your picnic.

Point for sure
Chris

1E189E24-65C7-4B5B-A6EA-4EC0861E080C.jpeg
We are heading up early so I ended up pulling it a few minutes ago and hit it with the finish sauce. It now resides in a crockpot that will get a splash of apple juice and put on warm when we get there!

Reactions: jaxgatorz
OK---I used to go up there a lot.
I bought about 75% of my equipment for my Cabinet shop from Grizzly.
I guess they moved out of there since.

Bear

Yes, they did. They only have two showrooms now. One in WA and one in MO. My dream was always to get a shop set up with there tools. That table they have for door making with three spindles looked awesome.

Yes, they did. They only have two showrooms now. One in WA and one in MO. My dream was always to get a shop set up with there tools. That table they have for door making with three spindles looked awesome.

Their stuff is imported, but I could have never set up a complete Cabinet shop for under $20,000 with all American machines. My other machines came from "Wilke" in York, PA, but I'm pretty sure they left there too. I never had any trouble with any of that stuff either, except I had to replace a couple bearings in the Table Saw, but that was only about $8.

Sorry for the slight Hijack, Cronocide,
Bear

Their stuff is imported, but I could have never set up a complete Cabinet shop for under $20,000 with all American machines. My other machines came from "Wilke" in York, PA, but I'm pretty sure they left there too. I never had any trouble with any of that stuff either, except I had to replace a couple bearings in the Table Saw, but that was only about $8.

Sorry for the slight Hijack, Cronocide,
Bear

Yes. It was. But still decent quality. Oh well. That was a life I wanted. But never came to be. Not complaining. And sorry to hijack this thread. I'm done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky