10 Lb brisket overnight cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
1AM I just put it in the smoker with about 30 Lbs of Hickory pellets in the hopper. 250*

brisket_10lb_05_28_2019_001.jpg

It was rubbed and injected over 24 hours ago. It smells great raw. This should be a good cook.

Injected with:
4 oz apple juice
1 oz worshy sauce
1/2 oz chipotle hot sauce
2 oz maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar.​

sweet and spicy. I used about 2/3 of it. I had some left over.

Dry rub mustard for stick, Weber KC BBQ dry rub heavy, OX Roast and Piccantissimo lighter coating.

When it gets close to done (one hour) I will pour more apple juice on it then coat it with brown sugar.

Damn, that looks like a nice chunk of beefy goodness right there.
Good luck, I hope things run smoothly for you.
I'll be watching this, as I'm an insomniac and a day sleeper so this cook is perfect for me.
Keep me updated please, I've done tons of brisket just never on my newish Camp Chef pellet pooper.
I have a date with a brisket coming up next week and I'm trying to decide if I should run it through my pellet stove or my drum smoker. I had to sell my stick burner it just got to be to much of a chore getting up and down for 15 hours babysitting it on long smokes. I thought the pellet stove was going to be the answer for me but I miss that dark TX bark and smokiness that I grew so fondly of with the stick burner. I'm counting on you to help me change my mind about brisket on a pellet stove.
I'll pop an Anchor Steam and settle in to watch your progress.
Dan:emoji_thumbsup:

3:05am and last check before I go to bed. It was going too fast so at 2AM I cut it to 225*.

Probes between 132* and 142*. Hopper looks great so I will let it continue to run.

It still looks pretty raw but that is good. Eat time is about 3PM.

Reactions: forktender
I will check it out when it's done, good luck.

Good night and thank you.
Dan

There's always room at the table for more. We had friends from Switzerland over and they loved it.

I had some leftovers tonight and it tasted even better for some reason. I think the baked beans just taste better the longer they stew.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky