$1 for 10lbs Chicken Quarters in North Texas!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
Texas
If you are looking for a heck of a deal or know someone that is in need of some food the Albertson's and Tom Thumb (probably Safeway too) stores at least in North Texas are having 10lbs of chicken leg quarters for $1!!!!
1606520548285.png

This is with the "Just for U" mobile app which will limit you to 1 usage of the digital coupon across all the stores so don't bother trying it at multiple stores in the same day. I'm pretty sure you can do this once a day though, so I don't think it's a "one shot Johnny" of a deal. Maybe someone will confirm.

This would be a good donation to any needy friends, family, or strangers that might need some help.
Also keep in mind that many of today's hurting people are in situations where they cannot not really access a stove, oven, or grill. So a smart way to plan ahead for that is to grill/smoke/roast and vac seal the cooked meat and then handing it out since people usually have access to a fridge and/or microwave. Worse case scenario you have a bunch of already cooked chicken quarters ready to eat on short notice! :)

On the news people in Houston food lines were turning away big beautiful turkeys and chicken and other meat because they have no way to cook it and they had to stick to their boxed, canned, and fresh produce food options. It's unfortunate to have to pass up so many pounds of meat because you have no way to cook it.

I imagine these chains (all Albertson's family) are having this deal in their stores all over Texas. I used to see the same deals in the Austin area all the way up through the North Dallas area when I was working every week between those 2 cities for a couple of years.

Anyhow, I look forward to stocking up myself once I can get out of quarantine Friday. My brother who fries everything was already salivating at the idea of having fried chicken parts at his disposal for a while hahahaha.
If you live in Texas and take on this deal I totally expect to see some posts about what you cooked and I'll do the same! :)

I just checked our safeway ad...... I wish we had that deal at our Safeway in the PNW

My Albertson's has 5# bags of potatoes for $0.25 with no limits, and pallets of pumpkins outdoors which I assume are free for the taking.

I just checked our safeway ad...... I wish we had that deal at our Safeway in the PNW
Well I hope u get some crazy deal like this since thirdeye had a wild potato deal.

Wow crazy good deal! Usually find them around Ohio for $0.39 on sale in bulk.
Here they go for a little bit higher but come down from time to time. Nothing this ridiculously cheap though.

My Albertson's has 5# bags of potatoes for $0.25 with no limits, and pallets of pumpkins outdoors which I assume are free for the taking.

That's an awesome price!
You know I don't like anything "pumpkin" or so called "pumpkin flavored" except for raw pumpkin and the seeds hahaha. Never knew I liked raw pumpkin until carving them a few years ago and simply tried it. It's good stuff :)

Great deal. Best I have got here was 13 cents a lb for leg quarters. Had to buy a 40 lb case thou. Which I did. Boneless skinless breasts for 1.45 a lb is common. So big they cover a dinner plate.

Reactions: JLeonard
Great deal. Best I have got here was 13 cents a lb for leg quarters. Had to buy a 40 lb case thou. Which I did. Boneless skinless breasts for 1.45 a lb is common. So big they cover a dinner plate.
If I could buy more than 1 bag I would for sure on this deal.
That is nice for the price of BSCB. Albertsons and Tom Thumb about once or twice a month seems to have them for $1.69 and they are those GIANT ones as well. I like to buy them, cut them into 1inch thick flat breast cutlets and grill em. No need to brine when doing that and can grill em much like a steak, hot and fast.

Wow! I'm gonna look into this. I know a guy from N. Texas..................
Let em know!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky