1/4” cut pork butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dirty Steve

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 15, 2021
Hello everyone. Months back my cut sliced up a pork but for me. I took half and smoked it seasoned up like Al Pastor style standing up on a kabob with pineapple top and bottom. While I loved it my wife was ok with it, my kids weren’t into the flavors so much. Hard to believe being in Southern California, Mexican food on every corner. My question is I have about four lbs in the freezer. Any ideas on how to cook this? Season it differently and go the same style? I appreciate any input coming my way.

Reactions: JLeonard
Marinade in pineapple and orange juice with some fresh lime, salt pepper and garlic. Then grill hot and fast for taco meat or slice into strips and fry for fajita meat with peppers and onion.

Fair enough smokin. I’ve only smoked shoulder before, I wasn’t sure if it would be to tuff that way. I’ll thaw it out tomorrow for taco Tuesday. Done deal.

Fair enough smokin. I’ve only smoked shoulder before, I wasn’t sure if it would be to tuff that way. I’ll thaw it out tomorrow for taco Tuesday. Done deal.
Some of the muscles in the shoulder “butt” are a bit chewy, hence the citrus marinade, this really helps tenderize the meat and gives a great flavor. Also when cooking thin pork slices remember you only need to reach 145F IT a medium rare, so don’t over cook the pieces, this helps a lot with tenderness. I try to pull around 150-155 IT. We love pork tacos and fajitas as well as Al Pastor.

Reactions: OldSmoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky