Winners of the Gone But Not Forgotten Throwdown...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I believe that this truly had to be the most difficult throw-down in SMF history. Both emotionally and in the effort participants had to put in researching, replicating and presenting their dishes for all of us to enjoy. Kudos to all who entered, voted, and judged. We may not have had the quantity of entries, but we certainly had the quality. Now on to the winners.

First up: The forum poll voting.

A big congratulations goes out to David DRKsmoking DRKsmoking for his rendition of Foamheart's classic 5 Boned Pork Rib Roast. A truly spectacular entry David.
View attachment 662193
David has won his choice of multiple prize offerings. Donated by our very own Robert @tx smoker. David please reach out to Robert for your choice of prize and shipping arrangements.

Here ya go buddy well deserved and let us know which prize you choose.
https://www.amazon.com/CHEFFANO-Sta...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XNTJKY4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Gourmet-PD1203A-Portable-Tabletop/dp/B0989N1GG4/ref=sr_1_11?crid=1JNAFPY14D5P6&keywords=tabletop+griddle&qid=1677252919&sprefix=,aps,143&sr=8-11&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.c1e7b9a2-53cf-44f5-ab39-5386af17669d

Finally if any of you out there want to recreate Foamhearts/Davids dish. Here is the original link David used:

Next up:
The winner of the committee voting goes to @Smoke-Chem BBQ for his entry of: Bearcarvers Peanut Butter Meltways. I must say the small bear holding the meltway was a game changer. Nice touch Smoke.

View attachment 662194
Smoke-Chem BBQ wins a 100.00 gift card from our site sponsor Porter Road.

@Smoke-Chem BBQ please contact @TulsaJeff for your prize, and make sure you let us know what you choose. Again Congratulations on the win, and if anyone reading this would like to make their own meltaways here's the link to bearcarvers meltaways that Smoke-Chem used:

Without further ado I'd also like to highlight our other participants' wonderful entries.

Brian @BrianGSDTexoma entered his version of bearcarvers drums and thighs.
View attachment 662195
Here's the link to bearcarvers recipe that Brian used:

Cliff @clifish entered a wonderful chicken and anduille sausage paella inspired by Richoso1.

View attachment 662196
Here's the link to Richoso1 paella dish that Cliff used:

@civilsmoker used @Smokin' in AZ recipe for his delicious entry of Baby Back Ribs
View attachment 662197
Here's the link:

We've come to the end with @netspyder s most excellent version of Pastrami and Swiss. Inspired by pops6927
View attachment 662198
Here's the like for pops dish that Netspyder used:

One final thank you to all who participated, voted and judged. A special thank you to all the mods, admins and of course Jeff. For letting us put on these throw-downs and offering us guidance when we need it. I'd also like to give a shout out to Porter Road and Robert for their prize generosity. Without the prizes there wouldn't be any throwdowns.

Robert, Jake it has been a pleasure working with the two of you, and I hope we can continue to grow these throw down together and our friendship.

Stay tuned the next throw-down is just around the corner.

C-ya
Chris
FANTASTIC THROWDOWN...CONGRATS TO ALL!!!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Congrats to all who entered. It was a tough choice in voting for sure. Everyone did more than justice honoring our members who are no longer with us. Like said above, I'm sure they're smiling down on all. This was one great throwdown idea.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great eats done by all!
I'd happily devour anyone of them.........
Who am I kidding? I'd happily devour ALL of them. AT the same time!
Congrats again to everyone.

Don

Reactions: gmc2003
Great Throwdown fellas! Way to rekindle memories and some of the great meals from these great members!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky