The Griddle has landed, Boy am I happy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh boy a new griddle! That's a fantastic prize for a throw-down.

I picked up a Blackstone adventure ready griddle a few years back for our little '74 Boler. Its great for when we go out camping since I can make breakfast for the wife, son and I all at once. Smashburgers are a big hit especially with a slice of cheese between two burgers and one on top. Reuben Sandwiches are too. We usually do camp nachos in the dutch oven, but you can also do them on the griddle by putting a tin roasting pan over the pile and squirting a small amount of water under it so the steam melts the cheese. Makes me want to bust mine out so I can use it now, but we're sitting at -27c at the moment...

Thanks nlife for the like and the comment

It is a great gift for doing something that is just real fun to join in on.

And yes it will be very cool to have at the trailer. If it makes it that far. And my list is long of the things that will be made on it.
I have been doing the steam trick for quite a few years with a cover and a splash of water. Really helps with making omelets fluff up.

David

Awesome. When seasoning use grapeseed oil if possible. I have used alot of oils over the years but have gotten the best seasoning with it.

Can't wait to see what you create.

Thanks Brian for the like and the comment

Thanks for the seasoning tip on the grapeseed oil. I will look into that. This cast has a different surface onto it.
So will give it a good season for sure.
And I have a big list of what will happen onto this griddle.

David

That's awesome David! Look forward to seeing you put it to use... think it can cook some kind of potato?
Seems I enabled myself into a Blackstone 22 " adventure ready griddle as well over the holidays... not my fault really, on sale for $ 97... heck yes!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

Potato, i'm not cooking no stinking potatoes, ha ha
You know it brother . Another way to do them up , you know I am there for that. And I love doing eggs on a griddle also.

Ha ha , nice to be your own enabler, for a change. But at that price I can't believe you did not talk yourself into buying 2. :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:
Wow that really is a great price.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky