Chicken and Anduille Sausage Paella

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
This is a Classic Spanish dish; I tweaked it to my taste. I suggest you do the same, itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s all good.

2 Anduille sausages sliced (or any smoked type)
6-8 Chicken thighs (after the rub, they sat in fridge overnight)
1 Red bell pepper diced
1 medium Spanish onion diced (or any onion)
1 cup frozen peas
½ can of crushed tomatoes (drained)
2 cans of chicken stock
2 cups Spanish rice (short grain type)
Garlic infused oil (or add fresh garlic to sautÃ[emoji]169[/emoji])
Pinch of Saffron (crush threads with teaspoon or?)

Coat chicken thighs generously with your fav rub and let them sit overnight in the fridge. In a paella pan or any large pan, add the garlic infused oil and when hot (medium high) add the thighs skin side down and cook until browned. Remove thighs and add sausage to pan and continue cooking till brown. Then sautÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] onion, tomatoes, and bell pepper. When veggies start looking clear, add rice, saffron, chicken stock, adding salt to taste. When liquid has been 2/3 absorbed, add frozen peas and the chicken thighs. Make sure rice does not start to burn by stirring, and add more stock if needed. Continue cooking till all liquid is absorbed, and rice is of the texture you prefer. Remove from heat and let cool in pan for 12-15 minutes and serve. **You can use a lid to cover the pan if you like.
3bb10d2c_vbattach18644.jpg

0725ced4_vbattach18643.jpg

83d609d9_vbattach18642.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky