What's your favorite way to do pork tender loin?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BC Buck

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
MO
Have a couple from sams I need to cook for Mothers day. Do you guys brine, inject and what seasonings do you like best. Do you guys serve with some kind of finishing sauce. Also is there some side dishes that would go well with the loin. Thanks

Reactions: JLeonard
You can brine or inject if you like but the single most important thing with loin is the finish temp. Do not go beyond 145F. Pull around 140 and let it cruise to final temp of 145. You will have nice juicy pork. For rubs man you can go in any direction with loin depending on the sides you want. I have done bbq rub, garlic and herb type rub and jerk rub. All are great on loin.

I'll brine , and or inject . I usually do it the day before and hold over night . If doing same day I inject . I make my own , or buy Tony C's .

jcam222 jcam222 great point on the temp .

Reactions: jcam222

On a rotisserie with a smoker tube. This self basting recipe is killer. Everyone we've served it to loves it.
In the sig below (pork loin).

Last edited:
Quick way on the gas grill. 7-6-5 method. Use your favorite rub or I usually go with S & P, granulated garlic and onion and ground cumin. Preheat grill on high for 15 minutes. Place tenderloin over your hottest burner, parallel to burner. Cook for 7 minutes, turn it over 180 degrees cook for 6 minutes. Turn off grill do not open lid, leave it in for 5 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Enjoy.

My favorite:

Pork Loin with Lemon Pepper and Caper Sauce
  • 1 center cut pork loin
  • Olive oil
  • Kosher salt
  • Lemon pepper
Caper Sauce
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • ¼ cup diced capers
  • 5 cloves roasted garlic
  • 2 Tbs. lemon juice
  • 1 Tbs. fresh dill, or ½ Tbs. dried dill
  • S&P to taste

Heat smoker to 250F
  • Rub loin with olive oil
  • Sprinkle with Kosher salt
  • Shake on a generous amount of lemon pepper
  • Add loin to smoker and cook to an internal temp of 140-145F, about 2.5 hours
  • Let rest for 10-15 minutes
  • While loin is cooking, mix together caper sauce – you can blend together in a blender, adding capers last and pulsing only a few times
Serve loin with sauce on the side.

sliced, pounded, breaded and deep fried. On a bun with mustard, mayo, ketchup, lettuce and tomato.

Picked that bad habit up when I lived in Kansas City. Fried tenderloin sandwich (though most places just use pork loin)

Sides - well - onion rings of course ;)

Favorite would be to use it for pork schnitzel
If you are wanting a whole tenderloin I like to marinade in a mix of soy sauce, sesame oil, honey or brown sugar, and garlic. After pulling it out, sprinkle the thing all over with sesame seeds before cooking

Reactions: bakerman
I bought an already marinaded loin when I got my Sous Vide thingy the other day. I let the Sous Vide get the water to 145 and dropped the vac sealed loin into the water for 2 hours. Pulled it ,and hit it with a blow torch for a quick sear. So far, the juiciest pork loin I've ever had.

Coat with your favorite rub. I like Cajun rub, make an apple-cider reduction. Cook indirect until the tender hits about 138*(this is smoking at 250*) the carry-over will bring it up to 145ish. Slice, plate, and drizzle the reduction over the slices. Ummm good

Chris

Bacon weave wrapped (like a fattie), smoked with Hickory until IT of 125-130, then sear to finish the bacon and an IT on the loin of 140ish let rest until IT is 145. Served with a side of Brussel sprouts cooked in bacon fat or deep fried tossed with bacon crumbles.

Tenderloin? Inject with Tony's creole butter and smoke it starting at low temps on the pellet grill to get the most smoke in is what I usually do.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky