What's your favorite way to do pork tender loin?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just did one in the SV pot. Dusted it with a rub (I used Head Country), sliced up a Granny Smith apple and laid on top. Sealed it up and in the bath at around 130 or so. After a couple hours or so the meat and apples went into a hot pan with oil and butter to sear. Slice and serve. We really enjoyed it.

I usually do 4 tenderloins at a time. I marinade overnight in sesame oil, soy sauce, spring onions, shiracha chili sauce, brown sugar ,honey, and black pepper. Roast in the oven @ 350 for 45minutes till temp hits 140. Slice thin serve with rice and some veggies ,(usually broccoli). Been doing this for years. Family favorite.
Leftovers for "Cuban" style sandwiches.

Reactions: kuroki
I have butterflied them and stuffed with cream cheese and thin sliced deli ham. Tie them up with kitchen twine and then put some rub on them. Smoke with cherry wood. And as other have said...take to 140 degrees and they'll coast to 145 degrees.

Jim

Reactions: BC Buck
I usually do 4 tenderloins at a time. I marinade overnight in sesame oil, soy sauce, spring onions, shiracha chili sauce, brown sugar ,honey, and black pepper. Roast in the oven @ 350 for 45minutes till temp hits 140. Slice thin serve with rice and some veggies ,(usually broccoli). Been doing this for years. Family favorite.
Leftovers for "Cuban" style sandwiches.

Would you mind posting the volumes or measurements? Those are some pretty strong ingredients and I don't want to mess this up.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Is everyone in this thread on the same page? OP is talking about pork TENDERloin, not pork loin correct? Tenderloins are pretty small. Long, but small diameter. I couldn't imagine butterflying a tenderloin and stuffing it with whatever. Anyways for tenderloin, no Inject or brine for me. Just whatever rub I fancy in that moment and onto the kettle with some briquettes and a chunk of wood for smoke. When it hits around 100 internal from indirect heat i move it over to sear it to my liking and then back over to indirect til its around 140-142. Then off to rest for 15ish minutes at least. Always super juicy and tender. Wife loves it.

Reactions: Retired Spook
Would you mind posting the volumes or measurements? Those are some pretty strong ingredients and I don't want to mess this up.

Thanks!
Kilo,
You asked I deliver:

Asian Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients​

• 1-¼ pound Pork Tenderloin
  • ¼ cups Soy Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger, Minced
  • ¼ cups Green Onion, Sliced
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
  • 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Honey
  • 2 teaspoons Sriracha Sauce
  • 1 Tsp Black Pepper

Preparation​

Combine all ingredients except pork in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Trim silver skin and excess fat globs off pork before marinade.**
Place tenderloins in a large zip-lock bag or dish and pour marinade over the meat, cover or seal. Let it marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours, flipping the meat every 4 hours. Overnight is better.
Remove pork from marinade. Reserve the marinade for basting.
Bake the tenderloin @ 350 for approx. 20 minutes, turn, baste and resume baking.

Note: If grilling , this cooks alot faster, and you have to rotate it every few minutes. The marinade will carmelize (sp?) and leaves a nice crust, but be careful not to burn it.
Remove meat from heat and tent with tin foil and leave to rest for ten minutes. Slice thin and serve over Jasmine rice or rice noodles. If you want it hotter add some red pepper flakes ( 1 tsp.) to the marinade. Add vegis and you got a happy family.

**I tend to quadruple the amounts, since I do 4 tenderloins at a time.

I really like pork tenderloin and have done it multiple different ways.
Current favorite is to Sous Vide it with salt, pepper, garlic and cilantro. Then serve it with a Carolina Mustard based BBQ sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky